Connecting a linear actuator (linak) to a dimmer

TerryK

Retired Elf
Thank you everyone for your input. My apologies if I have upset anyone. It’s impossible to know what people have done for a living or currently do and what they’re experience is when all you see is a ‘username’.

TerryK, does blue point engineering shop to Australia ? I like their 4 and 8ch relay board and their supporting document appears to explain their setup quite well. It even contains wiring diagram for communications and equipment.

Cheers
Steve
I'm not sure if Blue Point Engineering ships to Australia. Their website should have a contact link for questions. But have you exhausted an Australian search for a device? How about this?

stevelee

Apprentice elf

drakky

Senior elf
sorry if I'm misunderstanding but David Peace has a board that will operate servos and linear servos as pixels you just program them in xlights like you would a normal pixel is that not the same ? I know linear servos may be more expensive than actuators but not much more, from memory it will drive dimmable DC outputs as well as Servos from a WS2811 pixel line.

stevelee

Apprentice elf
sorry if I'm misunderstanding but David Peace has a board that will operate servos and linear servos as pixels you just program them in xlights like you would a normal pixel is that not the same ? I know linear servos may be more expensive than actuators but not much more, from memory it will drive dimmable DC outputs as well as Servos from a WS2811 pixel line.
Do you a link to his products ?