DC48 Controller (DMX - DC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Yeah, I've been slack. Actually AVD got mega busy with some large (for us) projects just as I was wanting to finalise the DC48. (Both :) and :( !) It's been a tough business year and those projects just had to take priority. They are still ongoing, but the R&D for them is largely done now.

I ended up making some more time late yesterday and did the final testing on the DC48 prototype. There are a couple of small changes (improvements) to make to the PCB layout so I started that last night. So.... the end result is that I plan to submit the PCB file to the manufacturer on Monday. I think the turn around on that will be about 10 days, so I'll build them up ASAP after that.

I really do apologise for the delay in getting the DC48 production started. If anyone is unhappy with the delayed delivery, I will understand if you want (or need) to cancel or change your order. Thanks for your patience and understanding. :)

Oh, I still haven't worked out the exact price. It will be in the range of $180 - $199. I'm hoping somewhere towards the lower amount.

sielbear

New elf
So yeah - any chance of us 'Mericans getting some of these controllers? :) Desperately looking for a controller to replace the Tiger48 solution that once existed.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
I'm sure I can help with that now. The AVD checkout doesn't support non-Australian checkout at present, so email or PM would be best.

Nath_From_NT

Apprentice elf
David_AVD said:
Just a quick update to say that the DC48 PCBs are now on order. :)

Hey David,

Any idea when the DC48's will be shipping? I've got a nice new DR4 I want to put to work. :)

Cheers,

Nathan

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
The boards arrived last week, so we'll start putting them together late this week. I think you're fairly early on in the orders list. :)

thornsinroses

New elf
Hi David
I am new to this product. i have some questions.
1.what is the differance between your controller and this controller
http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/803092/210767179-376652644/Free-shipping-24-key-Infrared-RGB-LED-Controller-MQ-5pcs.html
2.can i use 5050 rgb stripe/or rectangular modules in your controller/pixel nodes
3.which other chipset it will support. like 6803,1804,2801
4. in one stripe we have 5 meter. ( 1m*60 led*5=300 led).can it will support ?.or how many led will support ?
5. i linked one star to another star distance is 10 feet. and i connected each controller to star. . like it goes. ..how can i use ?
can you please answers my doubts. and can you ship to u.s.a
Thanks

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
This controller is now available. Further info to be found here

Hi,
The DC48 is a DMX input controller with 48 DC (PWM) outputs. It is suitable for driving low voltage DC loads such as strings, (incandescent or LED), LED modules, floodlights, etc.

It does not control digital items such as intelligent pixels (2801, 6803, etc) For those, you want what's typically canned a "pixel controller" or "pixel driver".

The maximum load per channel is 2 Amps, with an overall limit of 20 amps per side of 24 channels.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.