DC48 with Lor controllers

Benslights

Dedicated elf
just a quick question kwick have you run the lorcommslistener.exe file.
as this needs to be done the first time for that dos window that david shows in the wiki page to work.

Robbo

Full time elf
Yagoona lights said:
just a quick question kwick have you run the lorcommslistener.exe file.
as this needs to be done the first time for that dos window that david shows in the wiki page to work.

the commlistener should run automatically when you run control panel, the control panel has to be running when working in DMX mode , however when i first tried to run this I too had troubles and the commlistener would not start so I had to start it manually by going into the LOR install folder and finding lorcommlistener.exe and running it manually, after that point it would load when I started control panel. It basically tells LOR S3 to look out for the comm ports for the dongle which you have already set ;-)

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
If you start LOR control panel correctly, there is no need to start CommListener separately. If you don't restart LOR or move things around it can get confused though.

I have updated the wiki page with details on how to change the sequence channels to DMX ones.

http://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/LOR/DMX

I don't have any controllers here at home, but the text and screen shots I've done should be right. :)

Benslights

Dedicated elf
here is the location of that file
lorcommlistener.png

kwiksmart

New elf
YESSSS!!!! it is working. Followed the wiki. So, can I re-join in the Ac controllers? Will it all work together now?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
The DC48 will be start address 1 by default, so occupies channels 1 to 48. It would probably be easiest for you to re-address the LOR boxes to unit 4 (channels 49 to 64) and unit 5 (channels 65 to 80).

kwiksmart

New elf
should I join all the controllers with the DC48 joined closest to the computer or is how I had them fine. Also how do I re address the AC controllers. If the message for comm3 comes up do I set the Ac controllers to that or will that affect to DMX.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
I know this was resolved in chat but for thread continuity;

As you have a LOR USB dongle, you need to connect to the LOR controllers first then to the APC745 wiring adapter then to the DC48.

[PC]--[LOR Adapter]--[LOR Controller]--[LOR Controller]--[APC745]--[DC48 Controller]

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
David_AVD said:

As you have a LOR USB dongle, you need to connect to the LOR controllers first then to the APC745 wiring adapter then to the DC48.

[PC]--[LOR Adapter]--[LOR Controller]--[LOR Controller]--[APC745]--[DC48 Controller]

If you bought 2 of the APC745 adaptors wouldnt that then allow you to use DMX first then LOR after just in case your layout is physically loacted in this way.

As long as you have an APC745 to convert the LOR adaptor dongle wiring to DMX wiring for the DMX controller and then another APC745 to then convert back to the LOR wiring.

[PC]--[LOR Adaptor]--[APC745]--[DC48 Controller]--[APC745]--[LOR Controller]

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
That's true. the LOR/ESTA DMX adapters work both ways. However it just works out that David's example is most cost effective with only the one adapter required instead of two and in this case kwiksmart only has the one on hand :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
David_AVD said:

ryanschristmaslights said:
That's true. the LOR/ESTA DMX adapters work both ways. However it just works out that David's example is most cost effective with only the one adapter required instead of two and in this case kwiksmart only has the one on hand :)

ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
If you bought 2 of the APC745 adaptors wouldnt that then allow you to use DMX first then LOR after just in case your layout is physically loacted in this way.

This example was only for those that physically set out their hardware in this fashion as was said in the previous post. Dont do a me and not read the post fully ;)