DC48 with Lor controllers

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
kwiksmart said:
O M G this is driving me crazy!!!!

LOL - sometimes there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Where are you up to now? Last I saw you had the DC48 working and just needed to move the LOR units to new start addresses (unit numbers).

kwiksmart

New elf
So how do I re address the LOR controllers.
Unit 4 (channels 49 - 64) and Unit 5 (channels 65 - 80)
Do I use the hardware utility to do that?

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Correct Liza. connect 1 at a time and use the hardware utility

kwiksmart

New elf
Did them one at at time. Now how do I check they are all working together? I carnt seem to make a practice sequence to test everything. Dont know how to incorporate Lor controllers with the Dmx one.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
kwiksmart said:
Did them one at at time. Now how do I check they are all working together? I carnt seem to make a practice sequence to test everything. Dont know how to incorporate Lor controllers with the Dmx one.

As far as I know you should make an 80 channel sequence (48 for the DC48 and 32 for 2x LOR boards) and set the channels all to universe 1, channels 1 to 80.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
thats right David when starting sequence just set as 80 channels universe 1 dmx and then do a chase or something

JonB256

Full time elf
kwiksmart said:
So how do I re address the LOR controllers.
Unit 4 (channels 49 - 64) and Unit 5 (channels 65 - 80)
Do I use the hardware utility to do that?

If your LOR board has two "dial" units on it, then you physically set the address by moving the center with a small tweaker. (My LOR DC board has them, as do many AC boards).

If you set the unit as "0" and "1" then it responds as DMX 1 thru 16
If you set the unit as "0" and "2" then it responds as DMX 17 thru 32
If you set the unit as "0" and "5" then it responds as DMX 65 thru 80
If you set the unit as "1" and "0" then it responds as DMX 257 thru 272

(these values are in their online manuals)

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Kwik in the 80 channel sequence have you made sure they are all set at dmx and that in the network preference that it is set to dmx also? That is what got me the first time I did it. Fixed that and played around with the cat5 pull it out then back in a few times and the it all worked

kwiksmart

New elf
Everything seems to be working together now, but the first set of lights joined to the DC48 are staying on. Have taken them off and checked everything and rejoined them but still staying on. What might it be?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Hard to say without seeing it in person. The DC48 could have been damaged by a short in the wiring. If you bring it over one week day, I'll have a look for you. :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Before you get carried away with doing that. Do the lights light up immediately when the DC48 is powered (with no network cables in) or do they only come on when a sequence is running. If the lights turn on with no sequence running then it could well be a board fault but i'd expect only a channel or 2 at the most to come on and stay on. If a sequence has to be ran to get the lights turned on then it is likely that you have a bug in your sequencing. If it is a bug can you pop the sequence into something like dropbox and put a link in here and 1 of the LOR users can see if it opens on their pc.