Deals Direct lights - 2012

uppitt

Apprentice elf
so spewing ! ordered on Sunday when I thought free shipping by itself was ok....and today it's free shipping and 30% off! so I couldn't help myself, had to order again, and blown my budget. So hard sticking to a budget when specials like this pop up.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I tried to order this morning and couldn't figure out why the product page and checkout prices didn't line up.

It was 11:02am local time - sale ended 11:59am DST time! Doh - 3 minutes too late. Closed browser and walked away. :mad:

uppitt

Apprentice elf
I do like the 24V rope lights DealsDirect have. I regret buying some LED rope light off dodgy bay. In future I think I will stick to these 24V versions....The BigW recall is just another wake up as well. In my early days of obtaining lights, I even bought some of the way way dodgy 240V strings. They are the worst by far

MarcD

Full time elf
I bought three of the 10m neon blue 24v rope lights from DD and when I put them in on Sunday, one half of one string was doing something different to the other half. We assume it's a dodgy controller which we're chopping off anyway. All of the LED's were on which is all that matters. Not worth the time and effort to return them.

uppitt said:
I do like the 24V rope lights DealsDirect have. I regret buying some LED rope light off dodgy bay. In future I think I will stick to these 24V versions....The BigW recall is just another wake up as well. In my early days of obtaining lights, I even bought some of the way way dodgy 240V strings. They are the worst by far

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
uppitt said:
30% off and free shipping is open till 11:59 PM tonight.

Watch the fine print. Some items are still on special and some expired at lunch time today. Maybe all the Christmas items are still on special? I didn't check them all.

uppitt

Apprentice elf
yes it was almost all the Christmas lights, some not, but at least 90% were 30% off.

Christmas on Clarafield

Full time elf
I ordered stuff on Wednesday. I wasn't going to as I had already spent too much this year but as I got 30% off and free shipping I though why not. 5 out of the 6 items were delivered this morning.

mborg10

Michael Borg
There is an auction house near my place that sells off excess, damged and returned stock from Deals Direct.

They had their annual christmas light sale on about 2 weeks ago. Some of the lights are broken, but some the carboard box is just ripped. They test all the lights and the bidding begins.

I managed to snag 6 spiral christmas trees for $25 the lot. 5x3.6m led trees for $30 the lot. I also got 7 x-large rope light motifs, 3 x reindeer and 5 inflatables. All in all I spent $180 and I had to stop as I couldn't fit anymore in my commodore wagon, even with the seats folded down.

My wife is now buying me a shed to store the lights so I can get the garage back.

It really has bulked out my display alot.