DIY Coro Props

stooged

Pixelated
this will be a bit of a journey but i will be making videos which will show how to design and make props using lightburn, xlights etc.
the video i am posting here just shows how to use lightburn and my laser to make dual row pixel stakes but i will get around to showing how to make larger props and print them out onto paper to make templates so you can use traditional tools to cut the prop out.

i know props are not that expensive in this hobby but i love the "diy" aspect of it so as i create these things i will record them and share to hopefully empower other people to do the same.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hySJ92fs_2o

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
Very nicely done. Loved that you showed quickly and easily how to map custom props in xLights. I knew that was there but didn't realize how easy it was to do. A little off topic but could you talk about your laser in general. I saw you had a NEJE Max 4 with the E80 in your videos. Is that what you used to make these with?

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
Very cool post! thanks for sharing!

If i get in to custom props, this will be a big time saver

Cheer!

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
It's good to see someone using the automatic pixel mapper in xLights!
I think it's an under rated feature of xLights, I don't see mention in the forums, Facebook groups or other videos on it being used very oftern.

stooged

Pixelated
Very nicely done. Loved that you showed quickly and easily how to map custom props in xLights. I knew that was there but didn't realize how easy it was to do. A little off topic but could you talk about your laser in general. I saw you had a NEJE Max 4 with the E80 in your videos. Is that what you used to make these with?
The spinner was cut on the max 4 with e80 and the frame extension to increase the working area to 750 x 1030

The pixel stakes were cut on my max 3 with e40

It's good to see someone using the automatic pixel mapper in xLights!
I think it's an under rated feature of xLights, I don't see mention in the forums, Facebook groups or other videos on it being used very oftern.

That feature in xlights is awesome, i have mapped a few custom props with it.
It took a bit of experimenting with it at first to figure out the best way to record the prop but once i worked that out it pretty much nails it first time every time.