E1.31 stops after 2 Days

ShayneT

Apprentice elf
I made the leap into E1.31 this year. I am using an older laptop running XP. I am running 3 2811 5m Ray Wu strips using LOR 3.8. I ran the same basic setup for Halloween minus the DMX King Micro USB. After about 23 hours the Joshua P12 stops receiving data. If I unplug and replug the cat-45 the amber activity light starts flashing again. But sometimes if I reboot the laptop the P12 server is accessible without any cable reseat. For Halloween I ran the cable through the window and since then I ran cable through the wall and installed a jack outside.
Could it be a computer thing? A cable? The new jack? I may try to go through the window just for laughs? I am confused why it takes almost two days to get stuck.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Don't think I have ever had a J1Sys item on that long here. Mine get turned off after the show, and on only 30 mins before show time starts, so they are on maybe 4 to 5 hrs max a day

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
My DR4's stay on all the time for the DMX controlled relay, but the PIXAD8's are switched on/off for each show.

I do have a similar product to the PIXAD8 (from J1SYS) and they run 24x7 out in the field. I've not had any reports of lock-ups.

ShayneT

Apprentice elf
The controller is in a CG-1500 enclosure and temps are 65-80F. The power supply is in the same enclosure and it seems to run no warmer than ambient.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Just out of curiosity does the comm listener window show anything weird happening with the E1.31 output when it's ran for the requisite 23hrs?

ShayneT

Apprentice elf
I don't think the comm listener showed anything weird. Next time, if it happens again, I will look at the comm closer. The green light on the P12 jack stays on, just the amber activity one goes out. If I disconnect the cable at the laptop windows shows no active network connection. Could something be weird with the cable or maybe the new jack introduce an intermittent issue?

ShayneT

Apprentice elf
I may jinx myself but almost 5 days with no lockup. I have made a few changes mainly the computer is set reboot overnight and I bypassed the new jack. While I did upgrade to 3.9 I am wondering if it is the illusive memory leak or now I have read some antivirus interfere - Avast is running.
Since everything is running I am reluctant to isolate it until after Christmas.
Any thoughts anyone may have is appreciated.

JonB256

Full time elf
I have a DR4 that has done that (locked up) twice. Both times, it was from Overruns. Both times, it was because I had 2 computers output conflicting E1.31 multicast data.

I'm more careful now and the DR4 has run, without fault, for 4 weeks.

I don't have a P12R to check, but my DR4's Status Screen clearly showed my overruns.

ShayneT

Apprentice elf
What part of the status screen would show it? Also the P12 is the only network device running, the others run via USB DMX and USB LOR adapter.