Hi New and getting ready for Xmas 2019 - LOL

thanksmate

New elf
Hi All

Yes Im new Based in NSW Australia and getting ready for Xmas 2019 - Yes a tad early I know !
Can someone pls assist with a few Great suppliers of equipment either in Australia or International, I can start a dialogue with pls.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards
Mike

andrewa

Full time elf
Last edited:

Mitchsydney

New elf
Hi all, I too have just decided to take the leap in 2019. I’m thinking “ budget “ Atm. Can anybody shed some light on what kind of investment I should expect to spend as a first timer.
It’s obviously going to depend on how heavy I want to go but my house is about 19m wide so I suspect I’ll need a fair amount of gear?

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Hi Mitch i saw you posted on my faebook pages also. it all depends on what you want to do to your house. would be great to see what you have in mind. on average i can spend a few grand a year some spend only $1000 others $5000 depends on what your wanting to do.

Jay.S

Full time elf
You are looking at .20 USD per pixel from suppliers like Ray or Paul. 200 USD for a falcon F16. Its' the extra supplies that are the killer... cable, heat shrink, tools, solder sleeves, soldering iron... wood, coro... power supplies...The electronics are easy to estimate, the extra stuff is not.

Mitchsydney

New elf
You are looking at .20 USD per pixel from suppliers like Ray or Paul. 200 USD for a falcon F16. Its' the extra supplies that are the killer... cable, heat shrink, tools, solder sleeves, soldering iron... wood, coro... power supplies...The electronics are easy to estimate, the extra stuff is not.
Thanks Jay, I figured as much, I’ll start the lights Tin now lol.

Mitchsydney

New elf
Hi Mitch i saw you posted on my faebook pages also. it all depends on what you want to do to your house. would be great to see what you have in mind. on average i can spend a few grand a year some spend only $1000 others $5000 depends on what your wanting to do.

Thanks Ben,
I definately want to run lights along all my front roof ridges, I like those half circle things across the yard and the kids have specified I must have a large Christmas tree shaped thing like you have on the right hand side of your display. I’ll try and load a pic of my house, I am open to guidance and suggestions to get started too from more experienced guys/girls on what will or won’t work.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
full

this Mitch's house

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Darth, there are plenty of different vendors online who sell pixels. And yes some may be cheaper.
However the quality is unknown, the wire gauge could be quite small, the overall finish may be lesser quality.
Also, Ray's service has been proven to be very reliable by most in the community. He is not the only one either, Ben Brown, Paul Zhang are others that are frequently used, again for their reliability and customer service.

Jay.S

Full time elf
I apologize if this is a completely stupid question, but why is everyone so sold on Ray Wu? I see the site below, and they're 22 cents USD each, free shipping, where Ray's prices at 1,000 pixels is 31 cents once you factor in shipping. Is the quality notably different?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...pm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.265.264f3c000pKNJd

The 12v variety are .32 a piece Australian. Which is reasonable considering shipping is 'free" (is it ever really free?) That's colored wire (do you really want that?) and no pigtails, unless that same store also has an offer of free shipping on connectors, you kind of canceled out your cost savings...