How NOT to waterproof 240V

Benslights

Dedicated elf
it is amasing how such a simple miss understanding of electricity can kill if not handled with respect. it was good to hear over the radio energy Australia i think it was saying make sure that all power cables are covered and a few other things.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I mentioned it in the 2 radio interviews and it had the desired effect, sort of - the person in question abused me in public, got the police involved and then was ordered by the police to disconnect or cover the connections. She did neithor, but it made the papers and a few others with displays asked me the best way to protect themselves and others and I gladly gave them advice to increase their safety.

JPB

Full time elf
2 radio interviews David, maybe this should be in the Showing Off section. :))

Jon

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

dropbear_luke

Full time elf
wow. Thomas eddison would be turning in his grave if he saw that. i could never imagine being that careless. wow...

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Thomas Edison was actually a fan and exponent of DC. Nicola Tesla was the AC man. The electric chair, which Edison had involvement in, was made AC as Edison was trying to convince people that AC is more dangerous.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
I'm gobsmacked not only that they were dumb enough to just put all those power boards out in the rain but that they got abusive when it was pointed out how unsafe it all was.

The police/Council should have shut that down as a public hazard.

I go to great lengths to ensure not one single 240V connection is exposed to the weather in any way, the only issue i had this year was i had one extension cord connection at my front door that wasn't fully covered when one of the storms hit this year and then the ELCB tripped in the garage anyway.

Phil

muzzag50

New elf
After reading this threat I decided I had better improve my 230v AC safety this year so I visited Bunnings and managed to pickup Six Cabac PlugPods at $2 each at Sandown Bunnings. They appear on clearance now.
Thanks for advice.
Weatherproof Plugpod