LightShowPro Online Webinar

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Well done Matt, Sorry i missed it but ive have been buried with work and family commitments so time has been a struggle for me. Thanks again for making the effort, it is appreciated. 8)

z_special

Full time elf
Matt, thanks for taking the time to make the video but with the time change it is hard to hook up on team viewer. I realize that you have posted the video into youtube but can you put it in to dropbox for downloading. It is kinda hard to see the detail at times again thanks

Zane

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
z_special said:
Matt, thanks for taking the time to make the video but with the time change it is hard to hook up on team viewer. I realize that you have posted the video into youtube but can you put it in to dropbox for downloading. It is kinda hard to see the detail at times again thanks

Zane

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Ok guys, the next Session is scheduled for Monday 26 August 13 at 8pm AEST.

I will record this session again however i will ensure the audio is of a much better quality.

Topics to be covered during session 2 are.
Rehash of the basic effects from the Effects ribbon. including some handy tips.
Introduction of the Amplitude effect
Basic Transitions
Transitions with masks and secondary effects.

This session is scheduled for about 30 minutes. Come along and ask your questions.

For the purposes of chat, 'The Learning Centre' within ACL chat will be utilised.

Teamviewer Meeting ID
m19-576-487

Password
CLAP

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
lol I love your 30 mins Matt. was over a hour last week of great info

Yeah last week was about 1 1/4 hours. But this week, i am not coverring as much, now we get to focus on smaller segments. so this should mean shorten presentations

greg58

Full time elf
Hey Matt, a couple of questions:
I like the countdown avi file and some of the other files looked interesting as well. Where did you get these, are they easily available for download?

Do you have a sample sequence to share so that I can have a play with. More along the lines of fully understanding how layers and elements work. I got a lot out of your video on this.

And I don't understand how the output is setup (is this in one of your future video's?) How the software knows which controller is which, eg I address 3 x j1sys-12S cards as 10.0.0.110, 10.0.0.120 and 10.0.0.130, how does the software know which board is which?

So far, what I can see is that it is extremely important to have the whole lighting project planned before you attempt to start on your sequences, as you need to know where every pixel is so that the channels can be allocated correctly, do you have a spread sheet I can view on your project, I have posted one, but didn't get any comments back. I am just checking if I am on the right track or not.

Thanks, looking forward to Monday night.
Greg

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
greg58 said:
Hey Matt, a couple of questions:
I like the countdown avi file and some of the other files looked interesting as well. Where did you get these, are they easily available for download?

Do you have a sample sequence to share so that I can have a play with. More along the lines of fully understanding how layers and elements work. I got a lot out of your video on this.

And I don't understand how the output is setup (is this in one of your future video's?) How the software knows which controller is which, eg I address 3 x j1sys-12S cards as 10.0.0.110, 10.0.0.120 and 10.0.0.130, how does the software know which board is which?

So far, what I can see is that it is extremely important to have the whole lighting project planned before you attempt to start on your sequences, as you need to know where every pixel is so that the channels can be allocated correctly, do you have a spread sheet I can view on your project, I have posted one, but didn't get any comments back. I am just checking if I am on the right track or not.

Thanks, looking forward to Monday night.
Greg

Greg, all valid questions.
#1. here is a link to the video files. Thanks goes to smartalec for these. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15241802/christmas%20display/video%20files.zip

#2. I dont have a sequence completed this year for demo,however, i have uploaded my deafult controller one with all my elements and effects. Just choose your own music file as a backing when requested.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15241802/christmas%20display/default%20controller.msq

#3 Yes, definately, I can demonstrate how to setup output configurations. I will do that tonight if you want. This will be available on youtube a day or so after the webinar.

#4 I do have a spreadsheet that i am working to have for the ACL community, I just havent gotten around to finishing it yet. However, you can have a look at (and use if you want) a version of one i use.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pw3mrk871z3n8s/shared%20Channel%20Layout%20-2013%20sheet.xlsx

apologies, it is an excel2013 file, but there is nothing to stop it being opened by earlier versions.

Hope that helps.

Remember all, log in tonight for a new webinar, focussing on basic effects and also moving into transitions. (maybe even cover some macros if people want.)

greg58

Full time elf
Thanks Matt for all the help, sorry I missed the show last night, I was called into work last minute. I am looking forward to seeing the video.

All the files certainly help. Not sure how I use the controller files, there are no extensions?

Thanks
Greg.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
with the default controller, file. go into LSP, and select open sequence. Navigate to where you save the file, and select it. voila

burner

Full time elf
greg58 said:
Thanks Matt for all the help, sorry I missed the show last night, I was called into work last minute. I am looking forward to seeing the video.

All the files certainly help. Not sure how I use the controller files, there are no extensions?

Thanks
Greg.
When you download the controller file, it downloads as a zip file, rename the extension to .msq.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Session 2 is now uploaded for viewing.

http://youtu.be/q_BuX6N5lPo

I did have a dropbox link here, but due to the amount of downloads, they have decided to put a hold on downloads at the moment. 'WOOPS'

Direct link

http://vps.cozbert.com/Session2.mp4
(Thanks Coz)

Definitely went longer then expected. Mainly thanks to Ben, but we covered the following topics

Basic sequence setup (refresher)
Using grid layer colours.
The Amplitude effect
Basic effects, including chase and twinkle properties etc.
Transitions, including mask and secondary effects.
Eventually we moved on to Macro's,linking macro's and having multiple layered macro's

Enjoy, please leave response in here for what else you want covered.

Please note, I was having a few issues with the beta I was using, so there was a few restarts, but you can definitely see the power potential of LSP.