LightShowPro Online Webinar

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Tonights session will be using the Matrix Animator and creating .ani files for use in the new Animation macro (version 2.8)

I will also cover off on some easy chase effects.

Dont forget.. Tonight at 8:30pm AEST

z_special

Full time elf
Matt, just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your hard work. This definitely helps a guy who is half way AROUND THE WORLD and definitely at little slow due to time change..... :eek:

Thanks again

Zane

DanJ

Full time elf
Matt:
I would be interested in learning about LSP. STarting into RGBs this year and from what I have read, LOR pretty much doesn't cut it when you get up to a "decent" channel count. Soooo. I want to learn LSP, xlights/nutcracker, and perhaps vixen or similar so I can determine what I am going to use in 2014 for my RGBs. Thanks very much for being willing to help others!!!

mborg10

Michael Borg
Matt, on your 2nd webinar you showed us how to use audio control which changes the intensity of a light with a selected audio range. You did your roof line flashing to the beat. Do you know if this can be done but with a chase not a flash. I have some big candy canes which would look cool if they could have the colour if the lights bounce to the beat like an equalizer.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
No Webinar this week 16 Sep 13.

Need further request for information / topics you want covered. Leave them below and I will cover those the following week. (23 Sep)

burner

Full time elf
Matt said:
No Webinar this week 16 Sep 13.

Need further request for information / topics you want covered. Leave them below and I will cover those the following week. (23 Sep)
Love the work so far. I noticed in your presentation that the default setup for a J1SYS P12R when setting up the controllers has everything setup on 1 universe and continue's raising the channel count. When I setup my P12R, I manually created a controller for each universe/zone, and assigned 510 channels to each of the 12 universes/zones (all starting at 1). It seems to work fine, and is easy to work out where everything is, but do you know if there is a difference or any advantages on either way of doing it? I only have 1 P12R at the moment, so may not have run into potential issues that a larger display may have.
All I have for suggested topics this time round would be a couple of video's of last years displays with a "how do you do that effect" section, including things like timing spaces. I'm not talking about marcro or transition stuff, which can be done almost completely automatically, more so things like arch effects with fade-tails, or spiral tree stuff.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
burner,

it really doesnt matter which way you set up your controllers / elements within LSP.

The way I look at it. I plan my display, and plan which particular elements will be plugging into which along the chain, and will position those in the channel list accordingly.

For example, Last year I had 8 3d Corro stars, These stars were along my roof/gutterline, the first 2 stars, plugged in before the first gutter strip, and the next 2 at the end of that gutter strip. The same for my right hand side gutter.

Now, this year, I have a brand new display (new house), so instead of remaking all of my controllers again, All i do is change the channel assosciations for those elements, so that they now fit in to the display chain as required.

So, setting up individual elements (instead of controllers has is benefit from this

Allocation a single universe for each output, restricts youra bility to easily adapt your elements if you move them within your display, also, this restricts you if you are setting up whole display mapped to stage effects.

As for the display effects from last year, yep we can defiantely cover some of those. Obviousy, I will cover my displays effects, so have a look at my videos and let me know which ones in particular you are interested in.

If you have someone elses effect you want me to explain, let me know which one exactly, and I will try replicate

burner

Full time elf
I'd like to see the timing on the arches to get a smooth flowing snake pattern (i.e. what are the timing mark spacing, how many marks are in the on position and how many are in the ramp down position etc. Last year I had 8 * 100 white and the same in blue for my arches (16 channels each), and this year they'll be a 2811 3.6m strip (30 LED's/m or 10pixels/m).
Also, putting images through a 2D ray tree (sideways and up/downwards).

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
the arches we can cover next week no issues.

The images on a 2d tree up vertical and horizontal is still having an issue with LSP, but hopefully will be resolved soon, so as soon as it is I will cover it.