LightShowPro Online Webinar

greg58

Full time elf
burner said:
greg58 said:
Thanks Matt for all the help, sorry I missed the show last night, I was called into work last minute. I am looking forward to seeing the video.

All the files certainly help. Not sure how I use the controller files, there are no extensions?

Thanks
Greg.
When you download the controller file, it downloads as a zip file, rename the extension to .msq.

Thanks Matt and Burner, yes it downloads as a Zip file which can be unzipped in to some files that don't make any sense. All good when I change the extension from Zip to msq.

Greg.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Awesome. Just watched the vid. I had been playing with macros and transitions. I could get them to work one after the other, but not together. Makes sense to link them and now I know how. Thanks heaps

greg58

Full time elf
Matt,

Attached is the Excel Spread sheet I was working on previously (Zip File). I have tidied up a bit and improved the channel allocations now that I understand them more from you spread sheet and video tutorials. (Thanks). I have added comments to try and explain the spread sheet more and made it more automatic with channel allocations. I purposely put too many pixels on some channels to demonstrate what happens.

Can you and others comment on any mistakes I may have made and any improvements that I could make.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
greg58 said:
Matt,

Attached is the Excel Spread sheet I was working on previously (Zip File). I have tidied up a bit and improved the channel allocations now that I understand them more from you spread sheet and video tutorials. (Thanks). I have added comments to try and explain the spread sheet more and made it more automatic with channel allocations. I purposely put too many pixels on some channels to demonstrate what happens.

Can you and others comment on any mistakes I may have made and any improvements that I could make.

Greg that is a very nice spreadsheet, i believe you have showed me it before and remember wanting to grsome of your ideas there, ie. the amps/watts.

Also, like the reference data tab.

Basically my plans for an ACL one, based similarly off mine, will have a front screen that will enable uses to have a page per controller, however, the page will automatically populate with the total universes the user enters.

Just working with the macro for that at work when i get a spare minute, but as i mentioned, with some of your ideas on yours, i may be a while longer before i release anything

greg58

Full time elf
Thanks Matt, I'll look forward to your spread sheet when you get it finished. I'm sure it is a ways off with spending a lot of your time on the webinar.

Greg

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Ok, there hasnt been much input as to what people want covered, so I will go on by what people have commented about during the sessions.

The next session will cover these topics

Configuring controllers for output. (multicast and unicast)
using different mix and filters in macros

open to other suggestions,

burner

Full time elf
Couple of suggestions to add Matt (BTW, thanks for the previous 2 tutorials - well done):
1/ Adding GIFs to macro's, and if you can cover sending down the GIF once on a mega tree, instead of repeating?
2/ Matrix Animator
3/ Issues around whether to optimize or not, and if you can turn it off while testing? Perhaps even going through what each of the options do in the Options tab (or just the important stuff)?
4/ Is it worth putting in the tutorial the undocumented speeding up of effect generation by moving around the display preview?
5/ What about explaining the differences in the visual tab? I know it took you a few goes in the first tutorial to get the right setting to switch the scrubbing off while you were working.

That's all I have for now :)

greg58

Full time elf
Thanks Matt, am very interested in what you have listed as well as what burner listed. With regard to the Outputs, will this then allow you to test outputs on the fly, eg if you have a matrix, you can test it for functionality etc.

Greg

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
greg, yes and no.. yes you can output to the matrix direct. however, no to burner, it will still require optimization.

I will cover off on alot of what burner said also next session

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
We will be having a short webinar tonight.. dont forget to log in to teamviewer and also change chat room on ACL chat

m19-576-487
pw = CLAP

Ok, So tonight we went through the setting up of multiple outputs in unicast and assigned the controllers different IP addresses.
We also demonstrated the Speech Recognition ability within LSP and how to incorporate it in to your sequencing efforts.
We concluded with a brief intro into the configuration dialog tab and demonstrated what different check boxes do to the appearance of LSP.

Youtube link to follow.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Got caught up with other things and missed the webinar last night :( . Will have to catch it on the YouTube rerun :)