LightShowPro Online Webinar

dale82

Senior elf
If you are new at LSP it is so worth the time to watch all the Videos, they are extremely helpful and explain things in detail.

gerry

Senior elf
Hi,
I echo what others have said previously. These presentations are excellent and well worth new folks looking at before starting any configurations. Thanks for doing these.

arw01

Full time elf
I got an effect I cannot quite figure out. I want an alternating (ala Nutcracker) chase, and have not figured out the proper mix of effects to pull it off. Sliders tend to leave pixels either lit or black instead of colored, video transitions going two different directions can be interesting, but you often get alternating pixels the same color, so it's a bit un-even but interesting.

Part of my personal project to figure out nutcracker effects natively in LSP.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Im not entirely sure what you mean by an alternating chase.. have you got a link to a video that demonstrates it.

I am picturing a single strip of say 60 pixels, mapped to have a chase go left to right on every pixels 1-5, 11-15, 21-25 etc,

and a chase going right to left on pixels 6 - 10, 16-20, 26-30 etc

is that correct? if so, i can explain easily how to do that

hdracer

There is no rehab for the CLAP
Matt said:
Im not entirely sure what you mean by an alternating chase.. have you got a link to a video that demonstrates it.

I am picturing a single strip of say 60 pixels, mapped to have a chase go left to right on every pixels 1-5, 11-15, 21-25 etc,

and a chase going right to left on pixels 6 - 10, 16-20, 26-30 etc

is that correct? if so, i can explain easily how to do that
Video or it didn't happen....

arw01

Full time elf
Not exactly, that looks similiar to a color slider macro in that video at that stage.

I was playing with some minleon lights tonight to compare to pixabulbs for my "mega" tree. Next night or so I will take a little video of a nutcracker chase and post it up, I may do a couple of the attempts I have done in lsp to duplicate it as well for reference.

Currently have 150 lights up in the tree, should be enough to get the effect on video.

Alan

ron d

Apprentice elf
you can link a slider to a photo with black and white stripes and do a source and, source erase mix.

I might do a Q& a session real soon. Mabbe get a time that works for a couple people. Be good for me so I dont forget how to use lsp!!!

Linking effects to black and white photos can be very powerful when creating macros.

twooly

New elf
Matt if you don't mind me asking how did you do the effects where you went to the center of the house and back out like in your video (25 seconds in going to center, 29 seconds in to center out)

Wiggly Christmas 2013

mmulvenna

Apprentice elf
ron d said:
you can link a slider to a photo with black and white stripes and do a source and, source erase mix.

I might do a Q& a session real soon. Mabbe get a time that works for a couple people. Be good for me so I dont forget how to use lsp!!!

Linking effects to black and white photos can be very powerful when creating macros.

Ron, great idea to do a session on macros, I suspect it will help a lot of us out.

hdracer

There is no rehab for the CLAP
ron d said:

This would be a great thing!! Please let me know when you do so!

I have questions over a few chases I would like to do.

arw01

Full time elf
twooly said:
Matt if you don't mind me asking how did you do the effects where you went to the center of the house and back out like in your video (25 seconds in going to center, 29 seconds in to center out)

Wiggly Christmas 2013

My guess, as I like to mentally figure that stuff out so I can use all the best ideas :D

A layer for the left side of the house, a layer on the right side of the house. A pair of color slider macros using a gradient like rainbow, one coming in from the left going to the right, and the other coming in from the right going to the left.

And then again there are probably three ways to Sunday to do it that I haven't thought out yet!