LSP issue, can't make it sequence my arch

Baf05

Full time elf
Ok, so I have built my arch, and I know it works, I am using LSP and the AVD48 through a ECG-D4, I have tested the arch through David's test program.
That tells me that I am using universe 13, and channels 1 to 10 (10 element's to my arch).
Have input all the correct data into LSP, but when I try to test the arch through LSP, I get nothing.
I am pretty sure I have all the correct info in the right places but its still not working, which suggest that I am a moron and have not put the info in correctly.
Suggestions?

burner

Full time elf
Not sure how new you are to LSP, so no offense here, but have you click the output button (8th little button from the top-left)? or right click your controller in LSP and select "Test controller Hardware" and see if you can RAMP up each channel manually.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
agreed, if you have the right values added into LSP for the controller, confirm you have the output button checked. this will send output from the program to your controller.

If you have done this already, can you show a screenshot of your controller config within LSP and your controller output screen.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Baf,

Have you added the configuration into the configure outputs window. (options tab -> configure outputs)
if so, can you post a screen shot of that please,

If not, go through and add it in there and then try playing it

Baf05

Full time elf
Last night Ben and I (I watched really) set, reset, and tried and tried, but not matter what I still can't get LSP to run the arch, I know all the settings are correct, channel numbers, universes and the like, (Ben set them all).
I have looked through the LSP forum too, but I am now at a loss, anybody else with some ideas?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Have you done an optimization.

When using the sequencer and wanting to output it is important to optimize the sequence. The reason for this is that LSP will notcreate the optimized outputs whilst you are sequencing in the sequencer as normally you are using the visualizer, this saves on processing power. But if you want to actually test the output then you will need to do an optimization so the output commands are prepared to do the correct output.
Also if you have started in the first cell then this can also cause issues with output, so make sure you create a timing mark at the beginning of the sequence before adding effects and then optimize.

kane

Dedicated elf
The old optimisation issue! Caught me out a lot in the past.

For those playing at home, the new version should reduce this being an issue - it does an automatic optimisation when you press "Play" when output is enabled.

The other thing to try is testing the controller through LSP - right click the controller, click "Test controller Hardware", and you should be able to use the sliders to turn individual channels on. If this doesn't work, then your configuration is incorrect somewhere.

Baf05

Full time elf
Kane that's the issue, I cant test them through LSP, and it looks like every thing is correct in the congif, I will check the optimisation, and the timing mark, but to be honest I an not confident...

kane

Dedicated elf
Baf05 said:
Kane that's the issue, I cant test them through LSP, and it looks like every thing is correct in the congif, I will check the optimisation, and the timing mark, but to be honest I an not confident...

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about the optimisation and timing marks if you can't even test them through LSP - as those only affect you when testing a sequence.

Make sure that there are no other e1.31 applications (eg DA_131) running at the same time - this can cause grief (as it would be sending solid Zeros the whole time)

In your output configuration in LSP, just to ensure it's not causing a clash, I'd remove the inactive lineitem (universe 12). Always good to rule things out.

One thing to try is to install something to look at the e1.31 packets. You can use WireShark, but it's quite involved to work out how it works. Another option is SACNView, which is a simple .EXE download and doesn't require installation (http://sacnview.sourceforge.net)

Just so you know that it's working okay, do a baseline by loading up DA_131, and ramp up your channels so that your lights light up. Then check SACNView on the appropriate universe, and see what it looks like (the appropriate channels will load up green if they're included in the e1.31 data it is seeing, and any channels you turn on will have values against them). Then, shut down DA_131, and go into LSP and attempt to test your controllers and see if you get the same result.. Perhaps it's popping up on the wrong universe, so SACN View will tell you that pretty quickly..

Let us know how you go!

Baf05

Full time elf
Ok so I used SACNView, using the DA_131 app, universe one comes up....

using LSP, nothing happens, so that means LSP is not sending any signal, anywhere.......

Odd....