LSP issue, can't make it sequence my arch

kane

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
So the issue is confirmed that only using 10 channels for the DMX output is what created his issue. It works at 48.

So his controller has 48 outputs and works when set to 48, but when set to 47 it will not work

so it is important to match your output config to the actual outputs or else just leave at 512

The DMX standard may in fact not see very low channel outputs and this may not actually be a LSP issues but a config issue with having too smaller a number for the universe output

Are you sure that it works at 48 but not at 47. To me, that doesn't seem to make sense, as the D4 device has no idea what sort of controllers are hooked up to it (as DMX is one-way).. As far as the D4 is concerned, it just spits out 512 channels (or however many channels are setup in it's config), and if there happens to be a device on the output, it'll listen to it..

I think there must be a bug in the e1.31 output plugin - ed @j1sys was the one who wrote that plugin wasn't he, perhaps he would be able to explain it... But probably not necessary as we now know the workaround.

Leaving at 512 probably makes sense for most situations, leaving room to move if you add controllers into an existing universe at a later date.

Baf05

Full time elf
I am sure, I tested it 47 and nothing, at 48, off it goes, happy as a Christmas Elf packing a sleigh :)

kane

Dedicated elf
I'm just trying to reproduce the issue (so I could log a bug), but can't seem to do so. If I set the universe to a length of 10, I still get e1.31 data coming out.. Even if I set it down to 5 (but leave the controller at 10 channels), I get the data for the 5 channels coming out, which is as expected..

I think we'll put this one down to the gremlins.