LSP issue, can't make it sequence my arch

Baf05

Full time elf
I really am at a loss, not that I have much idea anyway, but I have tried pretty much everything....
I am pretty sure its a LSP config issue, but working out what that is, well that's anybody's guess.... :'(

kane

Dedicated elf
Baf05 said:
I really am at a loss, not that I have much idea anyway, but I have tried pretty much everything....
I am pretty sure its a LSP config issue, but working out what that is, well that's anybody's guess.... :'(

So when you changed your D4 settings as per my last post, what happened?

Baf05

Full time elf
As ever, nothing :'( , it so frustrating because I have the P12R working and started to work on my very first sequence, that's going well. But I have a lot of BigW and similar leds that I would like to use too, I was planning on a few more D48 to facilitate this, but if I can't get one to work... whats the point getting more.
I have thought of buying a different board, something cheaper from Ray, to see, but I am unsure....
Just some more info, as a way to test LSP out puts, I ran the SCANView program, to see if LSP would show up outputting to the P12R and it does, it does not help me, but it shows that at least I have parts of it right.
could I have the D4 to close address wise to the P12R (just spit balling I really have no clue here).

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Is LSP the only program sending E1.31 data at the time? ie. You don't have da_E131 or something else running at the same time?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I don't have LSP installed, but in one of the previous screen shots you show the DMX output being in Zone 1. In the output config window it looks like it's Zone 2? (assuming the left column is the zone number??)

Baf05

Full time elf
I would love to report back success but alas, no, I even tried deleting everything and building just the BigW string controller....

...I moved the dr4 address away from the p12r....

...this really is starting to P me right off! :mad:

Baf05

Full time elf
So today I tried 2.8 still the same issue... I also have the same issue on a fresh install computer... I have sent an email to LSP support, awaiting there response.

Eddy, I also tried direct connecting to the D4 as you suggested, same issues.

I am sure, one day I will look back on this time with a grin, and think, hey well at least I learned heaps, but right now, I am off to kick the cat! ..... v :-X :eek: 8)

kane

Dedicated elf
Did you try this from my previous post, as the screenshot don't seem to line up with this.

"Just comparing your D4 settings to my DR4, and I have LIOP disabled for all outputs, and my keep alive is set to 200ms, and 0 for both Clear Cnt and Total Cnt.. "

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
looks like he has action with his lights now

Not sure why but it didnt like his universe being set for 10 channels in the LSP e1.31 config, once he set the universe to be 500 channels it worked

Baf05

Full time elf
I think I did, Kane, but changed them again....

... no matter, we have success!

Thanks very much to ALL who have put in the time to help me, if your ever in Canberra the ticket is on me ;)

You should see the smile on my face!

kane

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
looks like he has action with his lights now

Not sure why but it didnt like his universe being set for 10 channels in the LSP e1.31 config, once he set the universe to be 500 channels it worked

Hah - funny, I was just staring at the screenshot just now, thinking that the 10 channels thing might be it, and was about to post to say adjust the D4 to be 10 channels only, or change the e1.31 config to match..

Good to hear all sorted.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
So the issue is confirmed that only using 10 channels for the DMX output is what created his issue. It works at 48.

So his controller has 48 outputs and works when set to 48, but when set to 47 it will not work

so it is important to match your output config to the actual outputs or else just leave at 512

The DMX standard may in fact not see very low channel outputs and this may not actually be a LSP issues but a config issue with having too smaller a number for the universe output