Masters Outdoor Weatherproof Boxes

anon

Apprentice elf
What are people are using the fasten the mounting plates to the box?

The box says 6 gauge, so I diligently went and bought some only to find they were too small. I'm using 8 gauge 1/2", but thinking I could even go to 10 as one or two have already stripped.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
What is used to mount the support board (such as Ruprect's old chopping board) to the Masters box itself?
Is it the same spacer (is that what they're called?) used mounting the DC boards etc onto the support?
I have 2 Masters boxes but need to mount PSUs & DC boards in them now (previously AC power boards were just loose inside) and want to get it done right first time, and not have things just rattling about inside.

cooper88

New elf
When all 4 of my masters boxes arrived they had 2 large strips of Velcro (hook and loop tape) which I use for attaching things to the inside of the boxes. I attach the DC board with nuts bolts and washers to the lid of an ice cream container to protect it and then put one side of the velcro on the back of the ice cream container lid and then the other on the box. I just attach a strip to my power supplies and also to the box to secure them. I found I could mount more in the box by cutting out some of the stand off's as it allows me to push the psu's right up to the corners of the box.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
The masters boxes have 4 raised screw holes, I just drilled the chopping boards to suit and used short screws so as not to go through the back of the box. For the PSU's depending on the type you have, some of mine have a mounting hole front and back which I just screw directly to the board or if they only have the side mounting holes I used little L shaped brackets I got from bunnings.

For my boards as you saw the 27 Channel boards I just slotted the chopping board, for the smaller boards or those that need to be mounted Flat, I just printed some spacers and screwed them directly to the board as well