"MegaOZ" Mini..

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I think what is missing is a meet in January when we still have many new members who have joined and are keen. Many will loose interest by the middle of the year when we have the minis, so it may be worth looking at having these smaller social meets at this time of the year.

Just throwing it out there

multicast

Senior elf
Fasteddy said:
I think what is missing is a meet in January when we still have many new members who have joined and are keen. Many will loose interest by the middle of the year when we have the minis, so it may be worth looking at having these smaller social meets at this time of the year.

That is one of the better ideas. Probably too late for 2015, but a 2016 sounds really good.

gerry

Senior elf
Hi ,

As a recent ex-newbee (since I have had a show up for one year), I think that the local minis are great . Not sure that I would have made an interstate trip for my first mini when I knew nothing much.

I also think that a mini earlier in the year is a great idea as it gives folks more run way for the rest of the year and would definitely be beneficial to first year folks as well as others (like myself) keen to try out things that others have done eg the PI

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I've planning my holidays this year around ACL mini's :p Tempting to go to all of them this year haha

When I stayed in Sydney last year - it wasn't that expensive. Averaged ~150/night at Travelodge. Mistake I did make was not getting a buffet breakfast included in the hotel price... the "trendy" coffee places were expensive breakfast!

Fasteddy said:

That's a very good idea - but I'm nackered by January :p But we can always start organizing February meets, which won't be too far out then.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Driver said:
I've planning my holidays this year around ACL mini's :p Tempting to go to all of them this year haha

When I stayed in Sydney last year - it wasn't that expensive. Averaged ~150/night at Travelodge

Fasteddy said:

That's a very good idea - but I'm nackered by January :p But we can always start organizing February meets, which won't be too far out then.

I'm currently planning a meet and greet in Feb. Nothing happens here in January that's a big of a break from it all for me.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
in regards to the Sydney mini second room. we looked at using that last year and it is a office so we said no to it as the last thing we wanted to happen was something go missing and not be allowed back next year. so we really only have the 1 room and that is why we had to make changes on the fly last year as we planned for 2 rooms.

so for a mega mini the fish markets is not a good location.

also what fish smell I do not notice it but then that is me and I work in the marine industry

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
it certainly didn't get over powered by th smell of Scones

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
Been a while....G'Day everyone!

The Fish Markets definitely has 2 rooms to utilise. Both rooms have a ceiling mounted projector and are used for conferences all the time. There is an office next to the larger room we use... and yes this is off limits. However, there is a 2nd room available about 70% the size (next door to the office that is off limits).

Unfortunately, I was not at last years mini - even though I was hosting??????????? Cheers to Ben for covering for me!

Let me know what we need and I can do my best to make it happen. An earlier date won't be a problem. Something in Feb/March each year and another around vivid time May/June (national MEGA mini.....)

I'm not on as much as I used to (no time at the moment.....that will eventually change). If you need a urgent answer, just get Ben (Yagoona) to call me.

Cheers

Craig

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
Oh! One more thing. The fish Market doesn't smell bad! Our contribution to the blind!

What did the blind man say when he passed the fish market?

"Good morning ladies." :eek:

While we're at it....a few more

Q. Which fish can perform operations?

A. A Sturgeon! :D

Q. What do you get when you cross a banker with a fish?

A. A Loan shark! :D

Q. What do you call a lazy crayfish?

A. Slobster :D

Q. Did you hear about the crab that went to the seafood disco?

A. He pulled a muscle :D

Q. What do you call a fish with no eyes?

A. Fsh! :D

Q. Where do you find a down-and-out octopus?

A. On squid row! :D

And finally.....

Q. How do you keep a fish from smelling?

A. Cut off his nose.
:D

multicast

Senior elf
Q.how many fish does it take to change a light bulb?
A. A surrealist

[SIZE=medium]Q: What did the fish say when it hit a concrete wall A: "Dam!"[/SIZE]
[/size][SIZE=medium] Q: How do you communicate with a fish? A: Drop it a line! [/SIZE]
[/size][SIZE=medium]What is the richest fish in the world? A: A goldfish [/SIZE][/size]
Where do fish sleep. In the sea-bed
What is the difference between a tuna-fish and a piano. You can't tune a pianoWhat country do fish live in. FinlandWhat do you call a fish without an eye. Fish[size=medium]