New Central Command.

I got two double gpos installed, each with a 20amp breaker. cost me about $300

I dont do a scheduled show as such, just turn them on close to 7pm. As i put out the radio every night, it is not much of a hassle.

cdjazman

Full time elf
OK so sparky has gone over my central command and has given it the tick.

Now wait until easter when he has time to wire the house and then test the board.

Grant Astley

New elf
I get why the earths are connected through a bus bar. But why the Neutrals as well? Shouldn't they have the same insulation as the active's?

The neutral is connected to the earth anyway through a MEN point in your house neutral has no volts (at least if your neutral and earth connections are good) so neutral to earth is 0 volts, neutral to active is supply volts and earth to active it supply volts. No need to cover the neutral.
Note though if you break a neutral you can and most likely will have supply volts there as one end is connected to the positive through a device and the other end is connected to earth through a MEN point. So although a neutral has no volts under normal conditions it can still be very dangerous.

cdjazman

Full time elf
I get why the earths are connected through a bus bar. But why the Neutrals as well? Shouldn't they have the same insulation as the active's?

I am not sure where you mean :)
At the top or between the power supplies?

Grant Astley

New elf
Sorry that top line was a quote from somewhere else in here (how do you quote too by the way cant figure it out, I cant see a quote tag anywhere)
Then I went on to explain that there is no need to insulate a neutral.

cdjazman

Full time elf
Sorry that top line was a quote from somewhere else in here (how do you quote too by the way cant figure it out, I cant see a quote tag anywhere)
Then I went on to explain that there is no need to insulate a neutral.

Yeah I cut out some of your quote. Was wondering where in my command centre you were talking ABOUT.

you click on the reply on the right hand side ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Grant Astley

New elf
Question ...

Or do you have a cover to go over that bar?
found the original quote. Was way back on page 1 but it didnt really seem to get covered/answered so I thought that I would :)