newest code released for ECG-P2, ECG-PIXAD8, ECG-P12R - v2.6, v2.7

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
I finally got the new code up to speed for ECG-P2, ECG-PIXAD8, ECG-P12R.

This is the new code that can be uploaded by the PIC32UBL. You still will have to wait to upgrade an older PIXAD8 or P12R.

Here is the link on our site that includes links to all of the hex files. You can download the v2.5 that came with the unit so you can revert to it if these new files break something for you.

This is semi-beta code. We've tested it a lot but with all the changes to all three of the units we may have overlooked some combinations. So let's start to give it some testing and we will fix things as we find them. So you can expect v2.7, v2.8 etc in the next week to get everything up to snuff.

Notes are over on our site but this adds the multi-universe to the ECG-P2 and adds WS2811 native to all three.

-Ed

http://www.joshua1systems.com/ubl-eth-pixel-downloads/

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Re: v2.6 code released for ECG-P2, ECG-PIXAD8, ECG-P12R

Ed you are a champion, thanks!

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!

Awesome! I can't wait to try it out :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

Geat work Ed

Time to test the range of the 2811 from the controller to the first pixel, will we see greater than 10 metres from the controller before the first pixel

burner

Full time elf

Getting stuck here. Trying to follow the ECG-P12R guide and am getting:
tftp 192.168.0.250 GET info.txt
Timeout occurred
Connect request failed
Windows 7 PC (tried a x32 and a x64 bit). Both now have Windows TFTP installed. Have tried disabling the firewall, have disabled Symantec Endpoint Protection. Web access works fine, unicast via LSP works fine. I'm on v2.5 (board only purchased a few months ago). I'm going through a dumb 3Com switch. Have tried changing the J1sys back to 10.10.10.10 without any luck.

Can anyone suggest anything else to try?

burner

Full time elf

Looks like I got it going through the USB loader.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer

worked like a dream, after i learned what i had to do..
i used the usb port way
1. recycle the power {then press the connect button}
2. press the load button {selected the .hex file}
3. pressed the {erase-program-verify}
4. rebooted it
5. all working..

burner

Full time elf

I'm pulling my hair out here. Updated to V2.6, all Ray Wu 2811 Ribbon strings working perfectly (12v, using outlets P1-4). My 5v individual pixels are going crazy. Even with no program running, they are randomly lighting up. When I launch LSP and run the test configs, they colours come up as expected, but you can see the flickering colours when you dim the test down.

I downgraded the firmware back to v2.5 and set the channels to TM180x as per before and I don't get the random lights, and my lights run as expected.

The test pattern on the J1SYS runs fine for me on the v2.5 firmware, but on the 2.6 starts going crazy on the 5v strings.

I've wired the J1sys as per Option 1 on fasteddy's manual.

Anyone got any idea's?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

burner said:
Getting stuck here. Trying to follow the ECG-P12R guide and am getting:
tftp 192.168.0.250 GET info.txt
Timeout occurred
Connect request failed
Windows 7 PC (tried a x32 and a x64 bit). Both now have Windows TFTP installed. Have tried disabling the firewall, have disabled Symantec Endpoint Protection. Web access works fine, unicast via LSP works fine. I'm on v2.5 (board only purchased a few months ago). I'm going through a dumb 3Com switch. Have tried changing the J1sys back to 10.10.10.10 without any luck.

Can anyone suggest anything else to try?

Im suffering the same issue here, i cant connect to the P2, it connects in both USB and Ethernet through the UBL but wont load up the config page when i try. The P12R can be seen on the network which is IP10.10.10.1 so i should be able to see the P2 with IP 10.10.10.10.
One thing i did notice was my subnet mask was 255.0.0.0 when my p12r is 255.255.255.0 but i was able to change that via the UBL so all setting are correct. So looks like a possible bug there.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf

I had to plug in by USB, erase, then load hex file, do an erase-update-verify then reboot before it would work here. Would not work via the network at all.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

smartalec said:
eddy in this video http://www.j1sys.com/legacy/UBL_Quick.swf ed says, you have to connect to it as soon as it is powered up
I have tried many differnt things and can connect with no issues to the P2 with the UBL. Its the loading of the config page that has the web page time out that is my issue. Im unable to connect to config the controller.

burner

Full time elf

I had a similar issue eddy when I first tried to upgrade. In the end, a full restart of my machine and flicking the dip switches to force it to 10.10.10.10 and bootloader only mode let me get the UBL program connecting again, and the I re-flashed the firmware and I was able to connect again.