newest code released for ECG-P2, ECG-PIXAD8, ECG-P12R - v2.6, v2.7

burner

Full time elf
Re: v2.6 code released for ECG-P2, ECG-PIXAD8, ECG-P12R

Careful, you may stop traffic :D

I couldn't pick the difference between those and the one's I listed.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men

My strips are the ones that are fully coated in silicone inside the silicone tube. I believe yours are only loose inside a silicone tube.
I am pretty heavy handed when doing things so I thought I may have less chance damaging the silicone embedded ones. :D

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!

DougieB

Full time elf

[SIZE=small]Hi Ed[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]is there a release for the older non-UBL P12Rs. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Yesterday I had the P2s running in test mode for over 6 hours with 2811 and have not seen any flicker. Great work[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Doug[/SIZE]

burner

Full time elf

Is anyone else getting colouring when trying to do a Twinkle of White in an LSP sequence? Is this normal? The red, green, and other colours seem to twinkle o.k.

kane

Dedicated elf

burner said:
Is anyone else getting colouring when trying to do a Twinkle of White in an LSP sequence? Is this normal? The red, green, and other colours seem to twinkle o.k.
This is LSP doing this - not your controller - I actually like the effect, and use it quite a bit in various items.. The problem is, the visualiser does not reflect the actual output - you get flashing white, even though the output is random colours... I have thought about reporting this as a bug, but I fear that instead of getting the visualiser changed, that he'll change the output to be actual flashing white, which I don't want! :)

That being said, the white twinkle should be changed to be an actual white twinkle, and he could add a random-colour twinkle tool in there too...

Interestingly, the behaviour seems to vary between 2.0 and 2.5 for the coloured twinkles (white is exactly the same in both versions though). On 2.0, you'd get a randomly coloured twinkle, but primarily close to the colour you chosen - so for a red twinkle, you'd get reds and oranges etc.. But in 2.5, it seems like you just get red twinkles..

burner

Full time elf

Thanks Kane for the info. I thought I may have a distance to pixel issue when I first saw it. I'll leave it in my sequence as a random effect. If it ends up changing back to just white, it will still work fine in my sequence.

kane

Dedicated elf

burner said:
Thanks Kane for the info. I thought I may have a distance to pixel issue when I first saw it. I'll leave it in my sequence as a random effect. If it ends up changing back to just white, it will still work fine in my sequence.
Yeah, I consider it a bit of an undocumented feature!

I meant to post a link to a video of a star with this effect in use:
RGB Star Light Boxes

burner

Full time elf

Yep that's the 'feature' I'm getting. :p

BillInSoFL

Apprentice elf

I updated one of my P2's and tested with 280 WS2801 pixels on a single output so far. I'm running a test pattern, and everything appears to be working correctly. With string lengths this long I'm a bit concerned about running out of effects (switching between strips and pixels requires different effect to RGB -> GBR vs. RGB -> RGB).

Originally I was having issues getting into the UBL, but realized it was a problem with Parallels. When I use Boot camp to boot into Windows I was able to get the UBL without issue.

Additional testing will continue this weekend. I'm going to attempt running my entire house online on 1 P2 output.

westy27

Apprentice elf

my P2's are now working perfectly with 2811 strips and modules. I was experiancing the same random flickering etc but then turned on E1.31 output within the webpage and all is acting the way it should.

bdeditch

Full time elf

I am just getting my P12 up, and will be using the 2811, I know I will need some guidance in this one LOL

grungle25

Apprentice elf

I had a strange thing happen when I upgraded my P12R. I had the DIP switches set to test pattern mode when doing the upgrade so when testing the device after upgrade it was in test pattern mode, no surprise there. When I set the DIP switches to normal operation and rebooted the device it was still sending out a test pattern. The new firmware tells you that it is indeed in test pattern mode. Under "IP Config" you can now enable test pattern mode but this option wasn't checked.

I figured that the DIP switch may have been faulty and tried toggling it lots of time with no luck. So I reverted to version 2.5 and it was no longer sending out the test pattern. Flashed again with 2.6 and this time all good, no test pattern. I figure it must just of been because the switch was on when I upgraded it was locked in that state. What I didn't check was if I enabled it, then disabled it via the firmware, if this would fix the problem.

It isn't a big deal but just thought I would write it down in case someone else encounters the same thing and gets stumped.

Cheers

Glenn