newest code released for ECG-P2, ECG-PIXAD8, ECG-P12R - v2.6, v2.7

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Re: v2.6 code released for ECG-P2, ECG-PIXAD8, ECG-P12R

Well i went back to 2.5 and all connected up fine, then went back to 2.6 and no go again

mick8248

Full time elf

Similar problems here with my P2, but did what Dave suggested and erased the memory first then load the hex file and verified and everything worked fine, did it with all 3 of my P2's, all are working with no issues

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer

Well, that was interesting ...

A few comments, replies etc. all built in together.

1 - please don't confuse TFTP and UBL enabled units. if you have an ECG-P2 it is UBL oriented. if you have an ECG-PIXAD8 or ECG-P12R it could be either. please check the version # of your code, it is listed on the system information page. if it is less than v2.5 then you have the older TFTP bootloader and you cannot use this new code YET.

2 - some comments about "can't use Ethernet UBL on xxxx". don't forget that the Ethernet UBL is configured in the Network info page. if it is not enabled it won't work AFTER the App loads. you can always use the USB and can always "catch" the usb/eth during the 8 second bootloader timeout. even If you have enabled it, you can't upload firmware when the App is running. all you can do is issue a reboot and then "catch" the Ethernet during the 8 second window. So for ALL firmware updates you have to reboot the device in any manner (power, reset switch, UBL, HTML) and then "catch" the usb/eth during the 8 second window.

3 - 2811 etc. flicker - based on feedback on here and from some emails i think i have discovered, and more importantly duplicated, some conditions that cause it to flicker. i'm working frantically on a new release that should get us closer.

just a quick update, i know it is not THE answer, but wanted to let you know i've seen your comments and i'm working on all of them.

-Ed

burner

Full time elf

Thanks for the update Ed. Not sure if I can be of more assistance, but from my testing, as soon as I turn on the J1SYS-P12R, the lights don't come on, but after the bootloader finishes they start flickering random colours on their own. Data seems to be leaving the unit without being requested/programed to.
On the bright side though, the v2.6 update did sort out my distance issue on one of my strings where it would flicker on full white (it was just too long, but not far off). I haven't tested how much more distance I could get, but for now the rest of my strings got a dead pixel added.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

What is strange for me is that i can revert back to 2.5 and I have no issues with connecting to the P2, as soon as I goto V2.6 I get no connection, I have tried many times all the suggestions and some of my own ways but still the same issue exists with 2.6. I will try further again tonight but not feeling confident as i tried for several hours lastnight and came to the conclusion something is not right that im unable to fix. So no idea what really is the next step.

crispy

Apprentice elf

burner said:
Thanks for the update Ed. Not sure if I can be of more assistance, but from my testing, as soon as I turn on the J1SYS-P12R, the lights don't come on, but after the bootloader finishes they start flickering random colours on their own. Data seems to be leaving the unit without being requested/programed to.

This. My lights just twinkle random patterns when they should be off. That being said a slow random twinkling mode would be a nice function to have.

burner

Full time elf

crispy said:
burner said:

This. My lights just twinkle random patterns when they should be off. That being said a slow random twinkling mode would be a nice function to have.
The twinkling I am seeing seems to be very washed out colours, if that's any help Ed.

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer

i just uploaded an UPDATED v2.6 hex for P12R ONLY. i replaced the old one. so please re-download v2.6 to get the freshest copy.

i've re-worked the entire interrupt code and optimized ALL of the protocols. before the changes i could create flickering in my environment in certain ways. afterwards i can't. so i think i may be on the right path.

for P12R UBL users please download ASAP and give it a shot. i will make a few more tweaks tomorrow and then release a v2.7 for P2,PIXAD8,P12R.

also the TLS3001 (CYT3005) code appears to have been broken in v2.5 and flowed down to v2.6. i will address that once we can get the TM180X/WS2811 under control.

-Ed

burner

Full time elf

Thanks Ed, I will be home in 3 hours and will give it a go as soon as I walk in the door, and post back.

burner

Full time elf

Thanks for the update Ed, that has worked on my P12R :D

Just tested 2 of my sequences, and they all play through fine, and there is no flickering issues here.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator

Looks like my issue may be a hardware one as i can not get any connection to the ECG-P2 either with the UBL or through LAN. I did yesterday for a small time get the p2 screen up but it was slow and unresponsive i made some changes and then went to reboot and then lost it again. Since then i havent been able to connect to the p2 with either LAN or UBL LAN. I can still connect up using the USB in the UBL. If I connect the ecg-p12r into the same network I then get instant connection to the P12R which is ip10.10.10.11. So im unsure why i have now lost all Lan support. the lights on the RJ45 socket do flash.
Is there a way i can try and flash the P2 with a picit3. It just may be worth a try.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men

burner said:
Thanks for the update Ed, that has worked on my P12R :D

Just tested 2 of my sequences, and they all play through fine, and there is no flickering issues here.

Hi Burner do you mind sharing what specs you are using and what type of pixels strips or strings.

burner

Full time elf

No problem Bevo.

So far, I have only 1*P12R and 1*AVD48 (from last year). I'm using the following 3 items (Ray Wu stuff) with the J1SYS:

4 * 20 of http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209889132-564861370/LED-digital-module-WS2811IC-5050-3LEDS-DC12V-input-waterproof-20pcs-a-string-256-gray-scale.html

5 * 50 pieces of http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/promotion-WS2811-IP68-led-pixel-module-256scale-gray-IP68-3wire-red-blue-black-DC5V-input-50pcs/701799_469177597.html

12 * 5m rolls of http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5m-led-digital-strip-DC12V-input-WS2811IC-256-scale-10pcs-IC-and-30pcs-5050-SMD-RGB/701799_568458133.html

This year I'll be running the J1sys at half capacity (due to a calculation error when I ordered the lights). They will be located on my gutters, 4 window frames, 6 FastEddy Candy canes and a star and I've converted my old sillouette's to RGB too. The AVD48 will be running 2 arches on the first 32 channels (8 sections of blue and 8 sections of white on each arch), my icicles (about 35-40m worth), coloured lights on 4 conifers, 3 * reefs above my downstairs windows and a few things on the lawn.

I'm running LSP 2.5 on an i5 with 16GB RAM.

Is this all the specs you need?

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men

Thanks for the reply Burner. ;)
I am more interested in what speeds you have your P12R at? And what effect generation timing you are using in LSP?

Also what you have done your tests with? The strips or modules or both?

And did you do any testing using the hardware tester in LSP or just test by running a sequence?

burner

Full time elf

Ah sorry,
Ok, the J1sys, since the firmware upgrade is now set to WS2811 with 2400 speed (was TM180x with 2400 speed before, and had no issues, except for flickering on white, due to about 50cm more cable length then possible). I tested all my strings at the same time, seeing as they are laying around on the floor around me right now (in my study and the hallway) with my current sequences of 2 songs. The songs have a few transitions (some with up to 200 frames) and twinkle, on, off, ram up and ramp down effects. I used the fill tool a bit too. I'm only playing them through the sequencer (which is more CPU load) and haven't tested with the scheduler yet.

I've just flicked the test pattern on now and it works fine for all my items. The other day, even without LSP running with the initial 2.6 update, just after the bootloader, my 5v pixels where going crazy. Also the test patter worked for the first 4 colours and then went haywire. With the newer 2.6 update, as I'm typing this, the test pattern is working fine. The colours on all my sequences are working fine now (had to change 3 strings when I did the update into RBG instead of RGB but that's a 2 second fix).