newest code released for ECG-P2, ECG-PIXAD8, ECG-P12R - v2.6, v2.7

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Re: v2.6 code released for ECG-P2, ECG-PIXAD8, ECG-P12R

westy27 said:
I was experiancing the same random flickering etc but then turned on E1.31 output within the webpage and all is acting the way it should.

/facepalm That is the problem I had! Thanks for posting that, my p2 with 2811 works perfectly now!

randallr

New elf

I just updated several P2's with 2.6. I noticed that one of them showed an effects error on the web status page afterwords, and I corrected the pixel #'s that were causing it. (not sure that is relevent to problem below)

Now one of the P2's always does a default test sequence. If I start a LOR sequence, it does an apparent twinkle as long as it's running. I'm not sure if it was the controller with the error above, but may have been.

I've gone back to 2.5 and the problem persists. Any suggestions?

Thanks

randallr

New elf

Oops.. Didn't pay attention to the new option on IP config (Test Pattern Enabled). Problem solved... by reading what I'm clicking!

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
FINALLY!!!!!

there is new v2.7 code available on our site. see the link in the first post.

v2.7 gives P2, PIXAD8, P12R all the newer WS2811 code updates that were added to the testing v2.6 for P12R

PLUS ...

more ethernet buffering, improved WS2811 support over even v2.6 P12R, improved interrupt drivers, prioritized round robin on the PIXAD8/P12R to update universes in the order received. and many more updates.

please test, test, test and see if we haven't finally reached the production level you will need.

-Ed

p.s. sorry for being off the loop for a while. getting the P12R to REALLY do 12 universe of WS2811 took a lot of reworking and bogged me way down. any other improvements should come quickly now. For ECG-D2/D4 users i'm working on the keep-alive problems right now and expect to release this weekend.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
This is great news Ed. Thanks heaps for your hard work.

I hope to do some testing on my matrix with the 12 x 10m 2811 strips today. :)

jeffrae

Apprentice elf
I tried to upload Version 2.7 code into my ECG-PIXAD8 using PICkit3 as I have an early revision of board.

Erased and blank checked ok programmed and verified ok But no heartbeat/status leds on reset.

Tried 2.5 ,2.6 ,2.7 all produced the same results.

tried to download http://www.joshua1systems.com/assets/UBL_1.2/UBL_ECG_PIXAD8_1.2a.hex
and found that this link is broken.

Used the http://www.joshua1systems.com/assets/pixad8-2.0a.zip firmware and at least now it is working again

My board is revision 1.1 and has a PIC32MX795f512L on board.

Help please Jeff Rae

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
the pixad8 ubl link is fixed. it was pointing to a file that doesn't exist. the ubl for the pixad8 is technically the ubl for the M32MX board. the link now points to the correct file.

-ed

jeffrae

Apprentice elf
I have just upgraded my PIXAD8
I have pickit3

If you are willing to drive to Goodna Can Update to new version.

Driver said:
Is there any ETA on when the TFTP update will be ready for the older PIXAD8?

Regards Jeff Rae

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Thanks for the offer Jeff, but I'm on the far northside of Brisbane so your a bit too far away. Although you might seem a lot closer if the current firmware on my PIX8 becomes a show-stopper for me though :D

danozfw

New elf
jeffrae said:
I have just upgraded my PIXAD8
I have pickit3

Is there a tutorial available on how to update with a Pickit 3? If not, would you be willing to share a quick explanation of how you upgraded?

Thanks in advance

Dan