newest code released for ECG-P2, ECG-PIXAD8, ECG-P12R - v2.6, v2.7

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
After updating the ECG-P2 and the ECG-P12R I have noticed an issue when using AVG antivirus, I find the virus protection is blocking the ECG web page, the web page will come up and then be blocked. I noticed this with the ECG-P12R yesterday after updating it, I had no issue previously until the update. Disabling the anti virus makes the web page come up or running the ECG through a managed switch also allows access.

So just a heads up to those that may have connection issue, first try and temporarily disable any antivirus and see if that helps get you connected to the web interface.

dmoore

Senior elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
After updating the ECG-P2 and the ECG-P12R I have noticed an issue when using AVG antivirus, I find the virus protection is blocking the ECG web page, the web page will come up and then be blocked. I noticed this with the ECG-P12R yesterday after updating it, I had no issue previously until the update. Disabling the anti virus makes the web page come up or running the ECG through a managed switch also allows access.

So just a heads up to those that may have connection issue, first try and temporarily disable any antivirus and see if that helps get you connected to the web interface.
I too discovered this - with the ECG in 2011, also with AVG. It got to the point, before I discovered it, I was using wireshark in an effort to figure out what the ECG was "bad". I wonder if this is an AVG only deal?

burner

Full time elf
dmoore said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

I too discovered this - with the ECG in 2011, also with AVG. It got to the point, before I discovered it, I was using wireshark in an effort to figure out what the ECG was "bad". I wonder if this is an AVG only deal?

Seems to work o.k. with Symantec Endpoint Protection on my machine (shame SEP allows the viruses in though ;) )

gigogig

gigogig
thanks to

mlkren, jeffrae, and ɟɐsʇǝppʎ

my p12r is now updated

little more information for thos of you that don't have the split cable

1 - pin 1 first row labeled 3 on p12r
2 - pin 1 of second row labeled 2 on p12r
3 - pin 2 of second row
4 - pin 2 of first row
5 - pin 3 of first row
first number is picit, second is pins on the p12r

i don't know why but i had to erase and program twice to get it to work

jeffrae

Apprentice elf
I had upgraded my PixAD8 to the new bootloader and 2.7 of app software and have found that there must be a difference between the two process boards I have found

1 Self test causes pixel connected to output connectors 2,3,4,5 to flicker other output are ok

2 my sequences were not playing as expected and there were a large number that were flickering when they should have be steady on state.

I tried all three version of app software with the ubl bootloader all same results

I am using ws2801 pixels 5050 and 10 mm versions purchased from Ray

I decided to reload the old tftp bootloader and pixad8-v1.1g.hex as I could not get the version 2 to load

The onboard test now works and my pixels are working as expected.

So leave off upgrading the old PIXAD8 until there is an official tested method provided by vendor.

Regards Jeff Rae

bdeditch

Full time elf
I have tried to update my P12R and it shows everything is successful, but I do not see any radio buttons for the ASIC, do I not need them or am I doing something wrong? I think my last version was 2.5, do I need to get 6 and 7 first. Its shows firmware version 1.2 when I press the UBL Ver button.

Trafficman

Teach Me!!!
Guess I am missing something here. I used the PIC32UBL exe and connected by using 10.10.10.10 and I get connected. Shows I have 2.5 loaded and then 1.2 on the Bootloader. I tried to install 2.7 from the webpage and it says installed. Disconnect and log into cARD AND STILL HAS 2.5.. What did I miss?

Jeff

ChristmasLover

New elf
Just so i am following. If i buy a pickit3, it will plug into my PIXAD8 without any additional cables needed?