P10 Panel - What is it and how to connect it?

Gilrock

Full time elf
The only thing disappointing me is I had one bad blue pixel out of 20 panels and its been sitting inside the house untouched and I turned it on to show to someone and now another location has red and blue not working. I've been fairly failure free on all my pixels ribbons and strings so I'm wondering if these panels are always going to be this fragile.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Quick question around setup on the LED panels screen of FPP - is this assuming you are looking at wiring of panels from behind, or looking at panels normally from the front?
Also, I assume the start corner would be where 1st panel on output 1 is located, based on the above?

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
gerry said:
It is looking at the panels from the front. Start is top left when looking at it fron the front.
If using xlights , define as a horizontal matrix.
Thanks Gerry :)

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
BradsXmasLights said:
Regarding the panel setup on the BBB/FPP, this is how mine looks for a 5 x 5 setup.
Is there a limit to channel number ranges the FPP can handle? My matrix is also 5x5 and starts on universe 23 (ch 11245) and I have configures E1.31 page as such (512 channels per universe, 74 universes, all unicast) yet I notice on the LED panels page that the start channel is correct (11245) yet the Channel count given is only 1536, meaning when I perform display testing via FPP, only the first few rows of matrix respond.
Strangely too, da_E1.31 tester does not give me ANY results at all on the same universes...
Please help!!

matrix LED config.jpg

DavidJ247

Full time elf
djgra79 said:
BradsXmasLights said:
Regarding the panel setup on the BBB/FPP, this is how mine looks for a 5 x 5 setup.
Is there a limit to channel number ranges the FPP can handle? My matrix is also 5x5 and starts on universe 23 (ch 11245) and I have configures E1.31 page as such (512 channels per universe, 74 universes, all unicast) yet I notice on the LED panels page that the start channel is correct (11245) yet the Channel count given is only 1536, meaning when I perform display testing via FPP, only the first few rows of matrix respond.
Strangely too, da_E1.31 tester does not give me ANY results at all on the same universes...
Please help!!

Would you need to add more universes of E1.31?
I don't have any experience with P10's so I could be off the mark here, but just doing the math each panel is (32x16) 512 pixels, 3 channels per pixel = 3 universes per panel, x25 panels = 75 universes. Starting the panels at universe 23, they would run through to universe 98.[/attach][/quote]

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
yes that's right, I re-did the universes and fixed up the channels, but there's still the issue of the channel count of panels is only 1536. At least the channels that do work are controllable and seem to be working OK within xlights.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Issue solved. I adjusted the LED Panels page down to 1x1, then re-adjusted back to 5x5 setup again (kinda like a soft version of turning it off and on again!) Seems to have done the trick and now the matrix is ready to weatherproof and deploy in the yard!

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.