p12s now able to do 24 universes!!!

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Ok everyone I was going to leave it till the Sydney mini but people have been asking about the update to the firmware.

please go to link below to download the latest hex files for the p12s

http://clap-supplies.yagoonalights.com/info-centre/

you will need the asic_p12s_v3.4b and the ECG_P12s hex file to update your controller to the latest.

this will allow you to do 24 universes. 2 per output. please note the different files for the different chip on your board

enjoy

bhamze

New elf
Thank you!! Is it safe to assume the update will work on the P12-D?

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
BensChristmasLights said:
Ok everyone I was going to leave it till the Sydney mini but people have been asking about the update to the firmware.

please go to link below to download the latest hex files for the p12s

http://clap-supplies.yagoonalights.com/info-centre/

you will need the asic_p12s_v3.4b and the ECG_P12s hex file to update your controller to the latest.

this will allow you to do 24 universes. 2 per output. please note the different files for the different chip on your board

enjoy
Whoopeee. Long awaited. Now I can use my 2 units on my Mega Trees and free up my other controllers.

bhamze

New elf
Uploaded v3_4B on two separate P12D controllers. All channels, on both controllers are configured to differential and wired to PPR-B receivers. Both controllers did not operate lights after the firmware upgrade. I tried reinstalling firmware (Master and ASIC 1+2) but results were the same. However, after installing v3_4 (not v3_4B) both controllers are operational and dual universe functionality seems to working correctly. I need to do more testing to confirm. From my understanding, v3_4 will not allow full 2x universes, is this the only difference? Any ideas or thoughts on getting v3_4B to work with my controllers? Maybe I'm doing something wrong??

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Is there details of this in the manual?

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Bhamze I will get back to you I have just emailed Ed to see what he thinks could be the issue.

Robert

Apprentice elf
Any word on this, yet? Is there any documentation for the jumpers on the bottom board? Thank goodness for bens website, giving details for the jumpers on the top board. I can't get my p12d to do anything, even with the v3.3 firmware. I gotta be missing something?

EDIT: What I was missing, is the jumpers go parallel to the IC on the P12D. Ed got my problems sorted. P12D is working fine, with the new firmware v3.4b.

bhamze

New elf
Robert,

Can you please share your findings? Picture's of jumper configuration would be helpful. Im struggling with v3.4b. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Robert

Apprentice elf
bhamze said:
Robert,

Can you please share your findings? Picture's of jumper configuration would be helpful. Im struggling with v3.4b. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

What type of problems are you having? My big flub was the jumpers, being at a right angle, to the IC. That is the wrong way to use the jumpers. this is the correct way to jumper for single ended.

WP_20150527_18_17_32_Pro.jpg

BensChristmasLights said:
so are you getting 2 universes per output working?

I am successfully running 2 universes from one output, on the P12D. I have used 170 pixels on the first universe and 100 pixels on the second universe. So,......only one output for my superstar.

WP_20150527_17_44_58_Pro.jpg

Gilrock

Full time elf
Yep I made that same mistake and it took several emails to Ed to figure out I was putting the jumpers on perpendicular to the chip. The way I looked at the board I thought you put a jumper in the middle and then another jumper on whichever side you wanted...single or diff. Like they say a picture would have been worth a thousand words.