p12s now able to do 24 universes!!!

bhamze

New elf
My jumpers (top board) are correct, I successfully ran show last year. I was curious about the jumpers on bottom board, currently none are installed. My controllers are configured differential and all channels communicate with PPR-B's. My issue is with v3_4B, my controllers (2) have no response with that firmware. They work fine with v3_4 and dual universe seems to be working correctly. I haven't tested pixel count but plan to this weekend. The documentation states that although v3_4 will support dual universe you will not achieve maximum channel output using WS2811 pixels. Im very curious why my controllers wont respond with v3_4B.

Robert

Apprentice elf
I did ask ed about the jumpers on the bottom board. He said, the jumpers on the bottom board were for his purposes, except for the jumpers for the dmx output.

Which I'm still not sure, what the jumpers do, or where they go for the dmx outputs.

Baf05

Full time elf
BensChristmasLights said:
Ok everyone I was going to leave it till the Sydney mini but people have been asking about the update to the firmware.

please go to link below to download the latest hex files for the p12s

http://clap-supplies.yagoonalights.com/info-centre/

you will need the asic_p12s_v3.4b and the ECG_P12s hex file to update your controller to the latest.

this will allow you to do 24 universes. 2 per output. please note the different files for the different chip on your board

enjoy

I am still a bit unsure how to go about this, chooing the right firm were and stuff. How do I know what chip I have?

Benslights

Dedicated elf
hi baf if you log into your p12s and go to the stats screen it will tell you the number of the chip there. im flat chat this weekend but next weekend I should have time to do a how to video. you will also need to download the latest j1ubl2 progrom. 1.4 to do the update

http://clap-supplies.com/info-centre/

richardd

Full time elf
Hi

I just upgraded my P12S's to 3_4b and it did not turn on the lights so I backed it down to 3_4 and that version worked. Will 3_4 do two universes of WS2811 with 510 channels (2 strands of 85 pixels) each?

Cheers
Richard

Benslights

Dedicated elf
it will for 2801 but not 2 universes for 2811 yet I hope to have some firmware update from ed soon

Benslights

Dedicated elf
so far not a complete 2 universes for 2811 but I will double check with Ed and find out if he has a new firmware coming out

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Isn't that specified in the manual?

so far not a complete 2 universes for 2811 but I will double check with Ed and find out if he has a new firmware coming out

Benslights

Dedicated elf
yes it is but a lot seem to miss it for some reason. as with the firmware update there is a 1 page manual in the folder :D

dougd

Full time elf

So does that mean it can do 200 2811 pixels per output?

Robert

Apprentice elf
dougd said:

So does that mean it can do 200 2811 pixels per output?

I had 270 ws2811 pixels on one output.