PEX tubing $10 per length

kit-808

New elf
Re: PEX tubing for the 2016 minis. $10 per length

would take 5 for adelaide mini, transports from the mini is going to be the fun part, may have to do 2mm long arches :)

diyer

Full time elf

bjpc2716 said:
3m make a timber jig remember 3.14 mult then 2 with give the lenght

OK, you are talking a curve rather than a bend, I was talking 200R

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf

OzAz said:
4 at Sydney mini please.

[SIZE=small]Anyone else going to the Sydney mini from Newcastle? Especially someone with larger vehicle who might be able to transport them back a bit easier?[/SIZE]

I might be in a position to help...if my new truck arrives in time, you'll have to remind me....
Cheers
Fing

bjpc2716

who dares win

ask bjp1980 last year he brought some for roo he live up north

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator

Fing said:
OzAz said:
4 at Sydney mini please.

[SIZE=small]Anyone else going to the Sydney mini from Newcastle? Especially someone with larger vehicle who might be able to transport them back a bit easier?[/SIZE]

I might be in a position to help...if my new truck arrives in time, you'll have to remind me....
Cheers
Fing
Cheers I'll put a note in my diary :)

Aesl1982

New elf

Did t he use HDPE in that video instead of pex

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer

HDPE and PEX are both polyethylene varieties.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-linked_polyethylene
Almost all PEX used for pipe and tubing is made from high density polyethylene (HDPE). <<--from wikipedia

diyer

Full time elf

There does appear to be one supplier in Australia that sells (other than black or grey) HDPE (attached screenshot) I have registered to get a price for 100M roll and to confirm that it is actually white translucent

Attachments

• 2016-03-17 13.11.16.jpg
    2016-03-17 13.11.16.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 38

AAH

There's at least 2 suppliers that do the white in a roll. The roll is cheaper but unfortunately once it's rolled there is no easy way of changing the radius from what is on the rolls. I went through that exercise and asked if it's possible to re-shape the PEX. I can't remember as it was around Christmas when I chased it up but I think the other supplier I found who couldn't get me lengths of PEX may have had rolls of PEX ex-stock in Aus. I vaguely recall that they were 20mm though and won't fit pixel strip up it.

bjpc2716

who dares win

i wish vinidex sell to the general public the factory is 5 mins awayhttp://www.vinidex.com.au/

bjpc2716

who dares win

alan would is work for your purposehttp://www.app.net.au/products/electrical_detail.aspx?c=7&ID=12

diyer

Full time elf

AAH said:
There's at least 2 suppliers that do the white in a roll. The roll is cheaper but unfortunately once it's rolled there is no easy way of changing the radius from what is on the rolls. I went through that exercise and asked if it's possible to re-shape the PEX. I can't remember as it was around Christmas when I chased it up but I think the other supplier I found who couldn't get me lengths of PEX may have had rolls of PEX ex-stock in Aus. I vaguely recall that they were 20mm though and won't fit pixel strip up it.

OK - fair enough. thinking about it you are correct, it wouldn't be easy to straighten

AAH

That conduit looks quite transparent. What is desired is translucent so that it gives a spread of light around the tube rather than just a sealed length of conduit that you can see the strip through. 1 of the guys months back in chat tried some translucent(ish) Foxtel conduit. This looked lovely and white but actually filtered the light and didn't light up white like the PEX does.
Brad posted a long time back something else that lit up well. He used reinforced garden hose which is flexible
and diffuses well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHBaoUIAvyY

bjpc2716 said:
alan would is work for your purposehttp://www.app.net.au/products/electrical_detail.aspx?c=7&ID=12

ttregoweth

New elf

howdy,
i'll take some for the Adelaide Mini, 8 strips, but will take a couple more if you need to make a few number up