Pixlite 4 setup

ltay13

Full time elf
Community project designer
Not having a go, just trying to explain the differences in those functions there.

The fact that confusion arose after you clearly read the manual tells us the troubleshooting part could use some more information/clarification.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
I have been following this with interest having had earlier problems getting connected.
My problem now is...
Did Halloween show all good.
Moved gear into shed, reconnected and will not run. Only thing I did was install Norton 360 in the mean time that screwed up some other software I use.
Am out of town on business so not near the setup but just left confussed as to why I could no longer connect.

Can Norton be the issue??????

Boof63

Senior elf
Hi Luke , yes the option for factory ip,is small paragraph and no link in the trouble shooting section to point it out, so a small change would be helpful , even just to point to what page it's on , cheers and thanks

Devo

Apprentice elf
Community project designer
nzlongfellow said:
Did Halloween show all good.
Moved gear into shed, reconnected and will not run. Only thing I did was install Norton 360 in the mean time that screwed up some other software I use.
Am out of town on business so not near the setup but just left confussed as to why I could no longer connect.
Can Norton be the issue? ??? ??

If you can't see the controller anymore then yes an anti-virus program might be the culprit as they can block broadcast packets. The Assistant utility should be added to your anti-virus program's exception list. If in any doubt disable it completely to ensure it is not causing any issues.

gerry

Senior elf
Another thing that may help (I have a Pixlite 16) .

Windows popped up with some message when I was running Advatek assistant about it being allowed to connect to home , public networks (or something similar). Once , in a hurry , I selected the default (cant remember which) and could not see the Pixlite , though it was working and I could ping it. A reboot of the PC fixed that though.

Boof63

Senior elf
Like to thank everyone for their help, I have matrix up and running and test pattern is ago, now to get my sequencing done and have more detailed play, thanks again to all.cheers Boof63