Event date
Saturday, Jun 24, 2017 Sunday, Jun 25, 2017
Registration deadline
Monday, Jun 19, 2017
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
QLDKing(Brad) QLDKing(Brad) 1
C ChristmasInKaralee 1
twbalights twbalights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
ComPeter ComPeter 1 Spoiler content hidden.
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 1
Doctor_007 Doctor_007 1
P Pircy 1
Superman Superman 1 Spoiler content hidden.
R Richie4540 1
Q qld28 1
I itsdorny 1
D Damien 2
R roy.debruin 1
W Wellsy 1
C cammoore 1
J jordang 2 Spoiler content hidden.
S SantaClaws 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Giles1 Giles1 1 Spoiler content hidden.
videoman3857 videoman3857 1 Spoiler content hidden.
M Mattlloyd84 1 Spoiler content hidden.
David_AVD David_AVD 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Rickras85 Rickras85 1 Spoiler content hidden.

ADB Xmas Newbe

New elf
Truely inspiring being amongst a great group who have so much to share. For me, being 'wife of techy guy' this was a major learning experience and you were all so helpful in answering my very basic questions, thank you. Geoff, thankyou to you and your family for opening your home and bbq to us, it was a great weekend. Thank you Steve, Geoff and Brad, for talking through the in's and out's of setup and troubleshooting, this helped to wade through some of the language barriers for me and to help understand the bigger picture. Roy and I are now engrossed in our computers and the dog is asleep under my chair.......welcome to the next 6 months :)

roy.debruin

New elf
As ADB Xmas Newbe has already said very well ... what a great mini, here we sit engrossed in our PC's tonight studying .... hmmmm I have lost my wife thanks so much guys :). All jokes aside though, I have to say it is truly wonderful to share this experience as newbies with people as passionate as you all. Geoff, Steve and Brad it is truly inspiring to "attempt" to follow your leads but equally a special thanks goes to Geoff's wife being ok with us invading their home ... thank you. Geoff you were a great host and Steve you kept us all in check and ran a good show, well done. Without people like you all we would all flounder and give up well before now ... thank you all for keeping this alive.

Richie4540

Full time elf
So, having attended the mini I have now made my Ray Wu order, and now to design how to use the new lights,

Richie

videoman3857

Full time elf
Thanks for a great min guys. Thanks Steve, Geoff and Brad and everyone else who asked questions and gave helpful tips, trick and what not during the breaks.
Although I am a dumb pixel man I learnt a lot being my 2nd mini and have had my curiosity tweaked by the P10 boards and the Pi.
This year sees a virtual Santa and sleigh landing on the roof of my house. This is all controlled by infra red remote control and extenders. I have to press the play button all the time. After seeing what the Pi master and slave can do, I have accepted my challenge for next year as I have too many projects and Chrissy stuff to do this year. Thanks again guys and expect a lot of pi questions next year and in the chat room.
Oh and Geoff, If you want to sell those LOR CMB-24 boards in that magnificent control system of yours - let me know. I'd like first dibs on them.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Thanks for a great min guys. Thanks Steve, Geoff and Brad and everyone else who asked questions and gave helpful tips, trick and what not during the breaks.
Although I am a dumb pixel man I learnt a lot being my 2nd mini and have had my curiosity tweaked by the P10 boards and the Pi.
This year sees a virtual Santa and sleigh landing on the roof of my house. This is all controlled by infra red remote control and extenders. I have to press the play button all the time. After seeing what the Pi master and slave can do, I have accepted my challenge for next year as I have too many projects and Chrissy stuff to do this year. Thanks again guys and expect a lot of pi questions next year and in the chat room.
Oh and Geoff, If you want to sell those LOR CMB-24 boards in that magnificent control system of yours - let me know. I'd like first dibs on them.

Funny you should say that as I just spent the day pulling apart that controller box and re-configuring it. I have removed the 3 LOR boards and a J1SYS D2 board so I now have them for sale. Not sure what to ask for them though.

videoman3857

Full time elf
Funny you should say that as I just spent the day pulling apart that controller box and re-configuring it. I have removed the 3 LOR boards and a J1SYS D2 board so I now have them for sale. Not sure what to ask for them though.
Well, consider them sold - to me. Please PM me and we can work out a price

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
@Superman Steve - you mentioned that for the items you display on your matrix you run a separate fseq file to it and get xlights to run that instead of the main one on the pi (I think thats how you said you did it). I understand the reason why but not how its done. Has this been documented anywhere?

keithsw1111

Senior elf
That would be a background sequence in xschedule. Fpp has a similar ability using an eseq file which you create by right clicking on the model name in the sequencer and select export model.
@Superman Steve - you mentioned that for the items you display on your matrix you run a separate fseq file to it and get xlights to run that instead of the main one on the pi (I think thats how you said you did it). I understand the reason why but not how its done. Has this been documented anywhere?[/QUOTE

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I think what was talked about was using the matrix fpp in slave mode. The main fpp unit is running as master mode. At least that's what I understand the question and solution to be anyway.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Yes it was master Pi and a slave BB running the matrix. The Pi ran the sequence for the lights on the house and the BB ran the sequence file for the matrix. In master/slave mode any pi's or BB will sync start together as long as the sequence names are the same.