Ray Wu Icicle animation using xLights

wce06

Apprentice elf
Morning All,

Have been away for a little while but have spent the past 12 months building and getting my first pixel display ready for this year.

Was hoping someone can point me in the right direction for some information on how to animate the below icicles i purchased from Ray using xLights.

individually LED full color Icicles string:DC12V WS2811 controlled;all white wire;IP68;60nodes/set

Is it simply a case of creating a custom model and grouping each drop, or is there a better solution?

Thankyou in advance....

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
Hi Last year I got several sets of these and chained them together across my house.
And thanks to the Friday night Zoom people they told me to;
Just use the Xlights Icicle model and told it how many nodes and how many drops.
Then I just put effects on it as per any other model. Worked very well-icluding some very rough looking text!
cheers

wce06

Apprentice elf
Thank you, I did think this would be possible. I will have a play on xLights tonight to see if I can get it to work.

Gilrock

Full time elf
Yep the Icicles model has a field where you teach xLights the drop pattern. Like the icicles I bought from Ray Wu were of the pattern: 5, 4, 3, 5, 4, 3, 5, 4, 3, etc. So you just put "5, 4, 3" in the field.

drakky

Senior elf
Hi Last year I got several sets of these and chained them together across my house.
And thanks to the Friday night Zoom people they told me to;
Just use the Xlights Icicle model and told it how many nodes and how many drops.
Then I just put effects on it as per any other model. Worked very well-icluding some very rough looking text!
cheers
I'll have to try that

Boof63

Senior elf
I have 7,7,7,7 drop icicles from ray, Can i setup a submodel for a 7,5,3,1 and use same channels to get an Icicle effect.
Which looks like alot of typing of individual nodes per section
Or can i just setup as another element but just use the same universe/channels and set it up as 7,5,3,1
Cheers Boof63