Ray Wu - In spreadsheet form

caffeine

Full time elf
All,

I hope this helps people.

I hate trying to find things in Ray's store. It's a horrendous experience..

What I've tried to do, and it took a while, was to tabularise all the products I could find (well at least the main categories).

Now I confess to not being able to tell the difference in some cases (there appear to be the exact same specced strings for different prices under different listings) but it's a start!

The spreadsheet is editable, so if it is useful then it would be great for people to add/change it as required. If I'm missing a crucial column, add it. If you have comments about a specific product, note it.

I'll try to keep it up to date!

If you want to use/browse/read the spreadsheet please click here

If you want to EDIT it (insert/update/delete) please click here

Why is that important? If you filter items for your searching it will live update for everyone and save like that, which can be annoying of confusing...

Cheers,

Caff

miw01

New elf
Great idea

Have added my preference and put my user id in spare column

Mike

caffeine said:
All,

I hope this helps people.

I hate trying to find things in Ray's store. It's a horrendous experience.

What I've tried to do, and it took a while, was to tabularise all the products I could find (well at least the main categories).

Now I confess to not being able to tell the difference in some cases (there appear to be the exact same specced strings for different prices under different listings) but it's a start!

The spreadsheet is editable, so if it is useful then it would be great for people to add/change it as required. If I'm missing a crucial column, add it. If you have comments about a specific product, note it.

I'll try to keep it up to date!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ak3O1FUVYXlsdFpReGJaaktlWXdHVGZXUUlHT0Y2MXc&usp=sharing

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Just froze the top 3 rows & fixed up the 'module' tab headings as they were on the bottom.

Great work on the spreadsheet though.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
All the top text is in Spanish(???) for me. Is it possible for a noob like me to see it in English?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I know you've had spelling issues in the past Ed but surely even on your worst spelling day you should be able to see that the heading isn't in English.

Strange English.jpg

Fasteddy said:
AAH said:
All the top text is in Spanish( ??? ) for me. Is it possible for a noob like me to see it in English?

Put your glasses on Alan, Its in english :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AAH said:
I know you've had spelling issues in the past Ed but surely even on your worst spelling day you should be able to see that the heading isn't in English.

Fasteddy said:
AAH said:
All the top text is in Spanish( ??? ) for me. Is it possible for a noob like me to see it in English?

Put your glasses on Alan, Its in english :D

Its in english here so looks like your being transported to Spain

caffeine

Full time elf
Hmmm.. I'm going to have to have a play with how best to make this work.

The community edits are useful, however google docs is very 'live'. That means that as people filter to find things (which is what it is for) it updates for all users viewing, and saves it.

That's OK if everyone clears the filters when they're done and there is only 1 person in it at once but less than ideal otherwise...

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
very nice mate.

Now, you need a front page with some Vlookups so people can just enter partial values. i.e. 2811, and it shows all 2811 items.

I wonder if Ray Ray would provide his list... lol.

Anyways, very nice

caffeine

Full time elf
Looking like I might need to do my own wrapper around it anyway Matt to get around the editing issues so I could do exactly that, allow community access to add/delete/amend items but put display pages around the results that users can individually search/filter etc.