Ray Wu - In spreadsheet form

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
is it just me, or is that like a copy of rays site that he allways changes..

would'nt it be easyer to only put all the products we use an have tested an reckonmend to each other to get.

as if i was a new commer an saw the same pixels listed 5 times, i would be asking questions like everyone does allready with rays store..

Personaly,
I would add the strips we use, a couple of the pixel strings, them balls an stars connectors an power supplys.
so it makes it way easyer for someone to start up..

caffeine

Full time elf
smartalec said:
is it just me, or is that like a copy of rays site that he allways changes..

would'nt it be easyer to only put all the products we use an have tested an reckonmend to each other to get.

as if i was a new commer an saw the same pixels listed 5 times, i would be asking questions like everyone does allready with rays store..

Personaly,
I would add the strips we use, a couple of the pixel strings, them balls an stars connectors an power supplys.
so it makes it way easyer for someone to start up..

Yup, it's a moving target, but the search/grouping there is horrendous.

I agree with you though that 'endorsements' are the way to go, no reason that can't be included as a column which would make life easier for all.

rjm12rjm12

New elf
HI All,

As a new guy looking to get into RGB, I think the recommended/tested column is a great idea. There are certainly a lot to choose from.

Rob

davrus

Silent elf
Thanks for your invention !!
That is a great resource to have.

As some one else mentioned, now need the other "usual stuff" such as pig tails, power modules, and boards

caffeine

Full time elf
I'll get their eventually, as I have a need to find them myself.

Of course the alternative is that it is a fully open community spreadsheet so if you see things you want to add, just hack away!

buzzdude

Full time elf
I recently purchased these that look similar
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DC12V-input-WS2811-pixel-node-100pcs-a-string-injection-molding-type-IP65-all-black-wire/701799_1606228080.html
And they just over 10mtrs in length

i13

Dedicated elf
As far as I know you can order them with custom pixel spacing so it might be worth adding a note saying that.

Remember that there can be slight variations between orders if you do this so order them all at once.

Mike Wurlitzer

New elf
i13 said:
As far as I know you can order them with custom pixel spacing so it might be worth adding a note saying that.

Remember that there can be slight variations between orders if you do this so order them all at once.

Good to know! Thank you
Mike

zoobmarine

New elf
Thanks, Its very useful.!! Have a sugestion, how about shortening urls with bit.ly?? and have a friendly URL

bit.ly/raystore12mmWS2811 for each item