Ray Wu - In spreadsheet form

Boof63

Senior elf
Yes all the pixels are led lights, Smart pixels are those that can be turned on of off individually,- ie have a rainbow effect over consecutive pixels, Dumb pixels are leds that can only show a single colour at one time ie the whole string can be red, then blue etc but no colour change along the strings length.
Apologies if you already knew this, but thought it might help if not sure of the differences from the previous post.
cheers Boof63

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
How have I not seen this thread before! Thanks for this. Will be searching for what I need this year.
Quick question - no 2801 chips for Pixel Strip, is that correct? What are most people using for rooflines, strip or...??

buzzdude

Full time elf
I'm running 6803 strips over the roofline, guttering and windows. I've been watching the price continually drop on these. 12months ago over $35 per 5 mtrs , now under $28.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
The only difference I can see between these 2 12v 2801 pixel strings apart from wire colour is in the specs where the first is 60mA per module vs 30mA for the second. Does this matter with regard to power injection or controllers required?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DC12-input-WS2801-IP68-led-pixel-module-256scale-gray-IP68-4wire-red-green-blue-black-100pcs/701799_545340313.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/DC12-input-WS2801-IP68-led-pixel-module-256scale-gray-IP68-4wire-100pcs-a-string-with-all/701799_677513979.html

JPB

Full time elf
I think there is a typo in there. I would expect that they would both be drawing 60mA per modules at full brightness white, and because they are both 12v they would have the same power (watts) consumption.
I think the main difference is that one is all black wire and the other is coloured.

Jon

mangoat

Full time elf
has the filter system stopped working properly for anyone else or just me?
cheers

dfarcher

New elf
Hey Guys,

There seems to be a whole lot of data missing from the spreadsheet since I last looked.

Was going to try to place an order after checking out the info on the sheet again, but can only see controller info and nothing else. Am I doing something wrong?????

Darrin

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
caffeine said:
All,

I hope this helps people.

I hate trying to find things in Ray's store. It's a horrendous experience..

What I've tried to do, and it took a while, was to tabularise all the products I could find (well at least the main categories).

Now I confess to not being able to tell the difference in some cases (there appear to be the exact same specced strings for different prices under different listings) but it's a start!

The spreadsheet is editable, so if it is useful then it would be great for people to add/change it as required. If I'm missing a crucial column, add it. If you have comments about a specific product, note it.

I'll try to keep it up to date!

If you want to use/browse/read the spreadsheet please click here

If you want to EDIT it (insert/update/delete) please click here

Why is that important? If you filter items for your searching it will live update for everyone and save like that, which can be annoying of confusing...

Cheers,

Caff
the spread sheets dont seem to have anything on them

franky_888

Full time elf
Someone had severely messed up that spreadsheet to the point where there was just a bunch of info on controllers (that looked to be a carbon copy of the info on the nutcracker123 site). All of the other tabs were gone.

I restored the spreadsheet back to June last year which is where it seemed to go astray. I haven't changed anything else other than clearing the filters so everything is visible again, so the pricing / links will be as they were at June 2014.

I hope I saved it properly so that others can see it... (I've not used google drive before!). However I made the change to the 'non editable' spreadsheet, so I think that 'feature' is broken in its current state :)

BBonn

New elf
Since we're on the topic of Ray Wu led lights - I have a quick question. How long after ordering does Ray usually ship lights? He told me it would be a week, but we're now two weeks out and I can't get him to reply to my emails. His reputation as a vendor seems solid, but I'm starting to worry I won't ever receive them.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have had stuff not ship for a month before and couldn't get a reply from him until the email that had "paypal dispute" in the text of the message. There are other who have had parts in 4 days from the time of the order.