Recruitment Drive

Steve22537

Full time elf
How many times have we driven past an amazing light display only to realise that they’re unaware of the existence of the ACL Community and its benefits.

I’m not saying that everyone needs to join ACL, but let’s inform others of the ACL Community and what it has to offer.

What I am proposing is that an ACL approved flyer be created and available to everyone, which could be printed at home (or in the office) and distributed to the owners of these new creations by way of dropping in there mail boxes or hand delivering, if your feeling in the spirit.

New members will also help the ACL Community with new ideas, increased exposure to the greater community, new friendships with like minded people in your areas.

Some benefits I would like to promote are - friendship, sharing of ideas, technical support, help with migrating static displays to fully animate displays, bulk buys, advice regarding products, discounts from various suppliers and just a good intelligent chat.

Ideally now would be a good time to get this started but I know most people are still busy with there finishing touches. I’m asking for members support, ideas and any other benefits you can think of to entice new members.

This can be done before the lights fade on this year.

Steve

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Terrific idea Steve. :)

I don't visit a lot of displays, but am more than happy to hand out the odd flyer or pop one in the owner's letterbox.

Steve22537

Full time elf
Okay, here is a daft of what I had in mind. Its 3 DL sized flyers printed on a A4 sheet.

MGalleryItem.php

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?action=media;sa=item;in=441

Any ideas welcomed.....

Steve

kane

Dedicated elf
Looks really good to me - great job Steve.

If I was putting my grammar nazi hat on, "ACL is a internet.." should be "ACL is an internet", "its all free" needs an apostrophe, and "fully animate" should be "fully animated" (but feel free to slap the grammar nazi and he'll go away)

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Looks good. The only other thing that might be worthwhile is somehow mentioning that people of both sexes and all ages are welcome at ACL.

I realise that there's only so much you can jam into a compact flyer though.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Very nice work Steve, we appreciate the time you put into making this.

A strong community is a community that grows and gets new members involved, so this will go a long way in helping further build this already great community that we have.

Steve22537

Full time elf
After a little tweeking, the final draft is now here

Your more than welcome to include your name as a referal, but there is no prize for the person who's attracted the most new members.

Steve

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Generous elf
Don't forget to download the pdf and letterbox some local displays people!

I did the two other displays in our street last night and will do others as I visit them. :)