Smoke and Bubbles

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Get one of these and put a small smoke machine behind it best option for heaps of bubbles
I have one of these Chauvet Bubble King units.
It is a great machine, tones of bubbles. Always a hit for my church's Christmas in the park.
But there is better for the price.
1637144981584.png
At least your DJ City one is $270. Here in NZ, MDR lighting sells it for $400 ($380AUD).

I highly suggest a bubble machine that is plastic if you can. Metal machines like this rust.
(Don't worry, I got mine used for $20.)

Croydon Lights

Full time elf
Generous elf
My understanding is you have a smoke machine which feeds into a chiller and then feeds this cold smoke into a bubble machine making smoke filled bubbles and low laying smoke

Kingfisher

Apprentice elf
I used the smaller one this year... I did manage to kill the wand, instead of getting it replaced on warranty I opened it up, and discovered that the small gear box had seized up due to some rust, pulled it all apart sanded the rust away and sprayed wd40, worked great after that.

The bubbles where a massive hit with not only the kids but with a lot of adults

They aren't the best pics but here's 2 of them that show the bubbles.

Attachments

• IMG20211216202504.jpg
    IMG20211216202504.jpg
    602.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG20211213215931.jpg
    IMG20211213215931.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 24

Kingfisher

Apprentice elf
I have found that the biggest failure point on these is the bubble wond stops working and seizes up. I have found this is due to moisture getting into the gear box and rusting the two metal pegs that hold the plastic gears in place. This year I opened it up, cleaned it out, cleared out the rust and put it all back together with a generous amount of plastic safe water resistant lubricant. So far so good!

So if I ever get another one I'll be putting in a heap of lube into the gear box to keep everything working well and as free from moisture as I can.

bpratt

Senior elf
@Kingfisher That sounds like a plan..... for the amount of water that goes through the machine, it's a bad design not to reduce the risk of rust stopping the whole machine.

I'll rip mine apart in the new year and do that myself.

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Bit of a late reply for the mixture stuff lol. But better now than never.

From looking at my ebay history everything has gone up over the last year (Who would of guessed).

I grabbed glycerin of ebay heres a couple of links:

and here's where I bought my distilled water from:

I have a couple extra I don't mind parting way with if anyone wants to pick one up $55 for a 20L smoke.
In Narellan NSW
Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.

bpratt

Senior elf
Bit of a late reply for the mixture stuff lol. But better now than never.

From looking at my ebay history everything has gone up over the last year (Who would of guessed).

I grabbed glycerin of ebay heres a couple of links:

and here's where I bought my distilled water from:
Thanks for the links. I've been able to track down the distilled water easily enough, in fact the same one from your links.

I'll grab some glycerin from that first link.

Yep, everything has gone up this year.