Snow Machine??

talk2coxie

Full time elf
I like this thread, it has already saved me starting it.

A couple of questions I have

Are they Loud?

How often do you need to refill the tank each night? Is it possible to set these up with a feeder tank type setup?

Benslights

Dedicated elf
I have moded mine so I can control it off a wireless remote.
they are a little loud but not to bad. you could do a feeder tank but changing the 5lt over every so often is not that bad.

I could run it full on for 30 mins before having to change

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
mine is connected to a DMX powerpoint switch and turns on during certain songs

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Grass.JPG

Can anyone tell where my Snow machine was set up this year.I used to have lovely green lawn there

mborg10

Michael Borg
Eastwood16G said:
What is it with Aussie's and snow machines! Some us came here to avoid the snow.
Cause blowing steam just isn't the same.
I personally just use a bubble machine. Looks cool when the lights reflect thru the bubbles

Variflex

New elf
I like Micheals thinking of the bubble machine, I believe the kids are equally as excited to see and play in the bubbles as they are in the snow fall,
All that said though I will be doing the snow machine,

kel

Dedicated elf
I have both the snow and bubble machines ... the kids love them ... I run them at different times ... and yes, the grass is dead at those spots. Noisewise, the snow machine is a lot noisier than the bubble machine ...

talk2coxie

Full time elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
Eastwood16G said:
What is it with Aussie's and snow machines! Some us came here to avoid the snow.
I personally just use a bubble machine. Looks cool when the lights reflect thru the bubbles
Hi ya Mick, I had this thought as well with the bubble machine and looked into some of them. Do you have info of the one you have and what are the pro's and cons using bubbles apart from the obvious wind issues?

Karob

Let there be Light!
The Snow Machine is the big winner here

Just to confirm my mix is pretty same as Steves, however I mix the bubble and alchol with 5 litres of water. I have gone through approx 45 litres this year, if I was using a shop brought mix there is no way I could have the machine running as much.

We run our machine off a the balcony which helps have the feeling the snow is falling on you, depending on the wind is where the snow will land making it interesting for the kids to chase after.

To set my machine off I use a remote control power point purchased from Jaycar http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=MS6142, This enables me to set off the snow when people are at the front and not just going off with no one there.

The machine I used this year was supposed to be my back up, I purchased a new one from DJ City but unfortuantley is has been sent back as a dud, their service has been good just wish I had purchased it sooner.

The noise is one thing I would like to change, I have attempted to build enclosures to cover up the noise, however the screams of happy children normally make more noise then the machine itself.

People tell me the kids want to go to the snow house when asked about what lights to look at, I would say its our most popular item.

Rob

mborg10

Michael Borg
talk2coxie said:
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
Eastwood16G said:
Hi ya Mick, I had this thought as well with the bubble machine and looked into some of them. Do you have info of the one you have and what are the pro's and cons using bubbles apart from the obvious wind issues?
Coxie
My dad picked up the bubble machine second hand so don't know where you get it from. We just use dishwashing liquid and water. About 1/3 dw liquid to 2/3 water otherwise the spinning wheel just froths it up in the machine. The wind is good if it is light cause it carries the bubbles a long way but if it's too strong they just burst. Kids were more interested in this than the lights. One kid just stood there with his finger in front of it bursting all the bubbles as they came out. Every party has a pooper I suppose.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420234354.682565.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420234354.682565.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 29
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420234364.368085.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420234364.368085.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 25

logandc99

Dedicated elf
I have bubble and snow machines. Everyone loves the bubbles and they are quiet and I run it nonstop. The snow machines are a bit noisey and I run it between songs but I have to say it is a big hit so I recommend having both. I buy the bubble mixture because I just can't seem to make it as good as the commercial stuff but I make my own snow fluid.

mr3oh7

New elf
what sort of bubble liquid are you using for the mix, I use Down to Earth brand dishwashing liquid and (perhaps naively) thought that wouldn't be so bad on the lawn but I guess the ISO is the killer and over a month it's going to do some damage.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
For the snow machine fluid I use a children's bubble bath from the local supermarket. Not at home right now so can't remember the brand.
In years gone by when buying so called environmentally friendly dishwashing liquid for doing the dishes, I found I had to use twice as much if not more fluid to get a descent suds compared to your average Palmolive liquid but admittedly that was a few years back now and they might be better now. But Childrens bubble bath works well for snow fluid.

Variflex

New elf
Are there any issues with the snowflakes landing on roadways or pathways making them slippery or are the snowflakes spread over a large area for it to not be an issue, reason I ask is that I am on a comer block and fear the snowflakes landing on the corner making the road or footpath dangerous