Standing up the snowflakes and singing faces

Cranzy

Full time elf
As I had my snowflakes and singing faces standing up on the roof, I thought I would show how I've done that.

For the snowflakes on the roof, each has a little pvc conduit frame built. I just ziptie the frame onto the roof using 4 ziptie mounts siliconed to roof.

wRCzbS0.jpg

I had 5 snowflakes on the feature wall as well.
For each snowflake, i made a rectangular frame and the corners all have T pieces so I can attach it to the conduit that makes up the frame.
Again I just ziptie this onto ziptie mounts.
3cdhlzj.jpg

For the singing faces, I made small holes so i can ziptie a conduit T piece onto the face and attached that to conduit ziptied to the roof.
The rounding piece at the bottom of each bulb sits pretty nicely in the colorbond roof curve.
I also had to use 1 ziptie mount at the front bottom to ziptie the bulb to the roof.

EdlG1Ro.jpg
NrTENvJ.jpg

For the ornamental singing face I did the same but because the bottom has a sharp point unlike the bulbs. I used a small screw through the bottom into a small piece of pvc conduit and ziptied the front to the roof using 2 ziptie mounts.

sbZs1fd.jpg
Xc5Ts94.jpg

They held up great even in very strong winds.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I would have thought ziptie mounts would not be strong enough with the wind on those props, but apparently not, nice!