Storage for Controller board

This is my attempt at it... This box is to control my mega tree... 16 strings of 188 pixels per string. Running a string per output on the Falcon. Also running a diff receiver board for some spiral trees that sit next to mega tree.
Everything is mounted to acrylic sheets which I got cheap as off cuts from my local sign shop. The bottom acrylic plate is mounted on 5 screws with nylon standoffs which were put through the bottom of the box and siliconed in for water proofing.
The top acrylic sheet is on hinges to allow access under the Falcon boards to get to the PSU's if required. Just have to disconnect the power wires and lift...

Photo%204-2-18%2C%201%2018%2013%20pm.jpg

Photo%203-2-18%2C%203%2009%2051%20pm.jpg

ElSalZi

Full time elf
and this could be worth a watch to see how issues are overcome.....
View: https://vimeo.com/223862964

Thank you for giving me a visual of how you do it.
nice! like that approach, easy access

- if you manage it, I would be grateful because these are looking like a brilliant way of doing it...

I have been flipping the coin on wether or not to go Ammo boxes or CG1500.... but I like what I see here and I'm very much leaning Ammo boxes now.

Thank you for closing out another piece of the puzzle!

I have both ammo boxes and CG-1500's, main difference (apart from physical size) is the CG-1500's are made to be mounted upright, where as the ammo boxes are made to be sat on the ground... Just something to take into consideration when purchasing... My CG-1500's are permanently mounted around the house and are much better suited to this application than the ammo boxes would be.

I definately have uses for both...

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
do you have 5V fans mate >?

Some people run the 12V fans on 5V with no issue, but the air flow will be greatly reduced.

I'm currently looking for 60mm 5V fans to add, but 25mm thick ones are not as common.

There are some good quality thinner ones, but they are a little louder in operation.

I've just added a good quality 60mm x 15mm 5V fan to the site.

Last edited:

Lujama Lights

Apprentice elf
Some people run the 12V fans on 5V with no issue, but the air flow will be greatly reduced.

I'm currently looking for 60mm 5V fans to add, but 25mm thick ones are not as common.

There are some good quality thinner ones, but they are a little louder in operation.

I've just added a good quality 60mm x 15mm 5V fan to the site.

Thanks mate, noise is not a worry. do most people run two per box? one pushing and one pulling? or just one run with a vent only on the other side ?