Sydney/NSW Sydney 2017 micro Mini June 3/4 (Newcastle)

Event details

Event date
Saturday, Jun 3, 2017 Sunday, Jun 4, 2017
Registration deadline
Monday, May 29, 2017
Username Guest count Note
keithsw1111 keithsw1111 1
Troy ELD Troy ELD 1 Spoiler content hidden.
OzAz OzAz 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Noel Richards Noel Richards 1
roo roo 1
Binny Binny 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Mm Mm 1
B_P_J B_P_J 1 Spoiler content hidden.
marmalade marmalade 1 Spoiler content hidden.
I i13 1
Fing Fing 1 Spoiler content hidden.
L lithgowlights 2
Benslights Benslights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Tom Tom 1
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
1 #1mate 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Tonyst Tonyst 2
firebug firebug 1 Spoiler content hidden.
lytnin lytnin 1
RAMJET RAMJET 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Bubble07 Bubble07 1 Spoiler content hidden.
franky_888 franky_888 1

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I'll bring up the gear to video if people want? Just 1 camera and a GoPro to avoid too much post processing. Be nice if Ben could bring up, or lend me the audio gear

I'd like to do a quick chat on how things have changed over the years since I started

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Things I would be keen to see:
- Someone to talk through and demo the ESP based pixel controller
- A demo of Lnsin or similar HDMI controllers
- Adding pixels to wireframes - who has done it well
- I would like Shane to rerun his presentation of the aesthetics of sequencing from last year ... (if only we had managed to get that video online)
- If we have internet access at the venue then I would be happy to ask someone like Gil to talk about DMX and animatronics, or Dave to run through the Falcon and the options (although Daryl could do that as well) or James to talk through his Coro and other items, or Steve G or Clyde on things like presets and layering or Lilia on her sequencing style (although accent can be hard to understand over the phone). These guys have all done remote presentations before and with the right setup it can work.
- I am always keen to hear about what has been going on with Vixen.

When people register if we can get an idea of what sequencer they use and their level of experience that would help ensure we hit the mark with the right topics. Doing beginner topics for an experienced audience does not go over well in my experience.

I am happy to demo anything people want to see in xLights ... although I am not great at beginner presentations and would not be offended if someone wanted to jump into that.
I would also be happy to talk more generally about getting involved in open source projects like xLights
I am also happy to update and recycle my presentation on tools (software and hardware) that make the hobby easier ... I need to add my solder pot after Shanes presentation last year.
I doubt anyone is interested but i could also present arduinos as a controller (AC and pixels) if there is sufficient interest.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
I could bring my LED Fog machine and we can work out how to program it (and then get Gil to create a new dmx style)
need outdoor area though !!

Binny

Apprentice elf
Leave is approved. I will be attending Sydney (Newcastle). Please add me.

Still novice, keen to learn. 3rd year now.

* How to see video for a projector played on xlights setup.
* How to run a DMX item on xlights. (DMX Bubble machine, DMX Flame machine)
* Setup of the Beagle Bone on a matrix.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Are we done? Can we open it up for registrations now?

Registrations are open!

I'm sure Troy will update the first post with the final venue details and starting time etc soon.

Last edited:

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf

- I would like Shane to rerun his presentation of the aesthetics of sequencing from last year ... (if only we had managed to get that video online)
xD

mmm... I find the topic interesting but i worry if it's boring, (it might have been a blessing it wasn't online..lol)... happy to lead a discussion if ppl want and i can make it ( 90% sure at this stage, I've been on extended sick leave and my first day back to work is 2 June, rang the boss, Hey remember me?, I'm coming back to work but I need that weekend off....lol)...

Cheers
Fing (shane)