Sydney/NSW Sydney 2017 micro Mini June 3/4 (Newcastle)

Event details

Event date
Saturday, Jun 3, 2017 Sunday, Jun 4, 2017
Registration deadline
Monday, May 29, 2017
Username Guest count Note
keithsw1111 keithsw1111 1
Troy ELD Troy ELD 1 Spoiler content hidden.
OzAz OzAz 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Noel Richards Noel Richards 1
roo roo 1
Binny Binny 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Mm Mm 1
B_P_J B_P_J 1 Spoiler content hidden.
marmalade marmalade 1 Spoiler content hidden.
I i13 1
Fing Fing 1 Spoiler content hidden.
L lithgowlights 2
Benslights Benslights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Tom Tom 1
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
1 #1mate 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Tonyst Tonyst 2
firebug firebug 1 Spoiler content hidden.
lytnin lytnin 1
RAMJET RAMJET 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Bubble07 Bubble07 1 Spoiler content hidden.
franky_888 franky_888 1

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
I just want to say a huge thanks to all that came.Turned out to be a great weekend!

Personally, I want to say thanks to Keith, Lithgow, Gil Jones and all the other presenters. Made my job of organising this event easier.

The entire group of people that gave giveaways at the mini. Daryl and Dave pitts for the F16, Lillia and Sean for the sequences. Ron Howard for the sequence. James H at Boscoyo For the props. Lithgow for his 3D printed everything. And to everyone else who donated for the prize pool. No-one walked away empty handed this weekend.

Troy

Noel Richards

Full time elf
From a newbie to the hobby who head is still spinning but after this weekend it has slowed somewhat but still have a lot to learn I would like to say a big THANKYOU
1st is to Adrian for arranging the venue for us
2nd is to Troy for all the hard work and many hours he put into organising the weekend and it must of been hard especially with the venue
3rd is to Keith for all his information on Xlights also the help he gives
4th is to Dave Lithgow Lights for all his information in the talks
5th is Shane Fing for his advice
6th Gil from the US who took the time to do a DMX talk on moving heads
Also thanks to all the guys who bought things to display, also all those who donated stuff for the raffles especially Boscoyo, Sean & Lilia & Lithgow Lights also anyone else I missed.

I am a member of several clubs and what I will say is the comradeship and the help that I have received since joining the group with something that is daunting to people getting involved but this group makes you feel so welcome and make it so easy because of the time you take to help. Looking forward to start getting my display together and start seeing the results and learn more to get better.

Noel

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Well i would like to thank everyone who made this years Mini possible you all did a great job.

It was nice to come to a mini and not have to run it for a change maybe i should do the same next year :)

Honestly guys it was a great mini as always and was a great time to catch up with everyone.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Big thanks to everyone that came, spoke, organized and even watched the mini, it was one of the best I have attended in ages, possibly because I sat and enjoyed it instead of videoing and photographing it.

Oh and if anyone seems to have an extra 64GB silver colored Samsung memory stick in their gear, it could be mine (It has a backup of my show on it). It's been a good memory stick so if you find it please let me know as I'd like to get it back

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks everyone for putting up with me, I always enjoy getting together for a chat and to put faces and names to usernames.... I have always come away from every mini with some new idea or piece of info that makes it all worth while, and Newcastle was no exception.

Thanks to the organisers and presenters and donators of food and prizes. I thought the Zoom streaming was a nice feature, although I did have to mind my manners and not gossip as much as other times :D

keithsw1111

Senior elf
My turn to add some thanks. First to OzAz and TByrne without whom the Sydney mini would have been a bust for 2017. Thanks for stepping up and ensuring it happened. It was an awesome venue and the quality of the internet access meant we could include a lot of people who otherwise would have missed out. I think we legitimately count them as attendees and hold the mantle as the most attended mini in 2017 ... so far ... Adelaide hos some work to do yet.

To all of the presenters I think they did an awesome job ... but in particular Gil who joined us online to talk DMX and Fing who likes to downplay things but is the most insightful person i have met when it comes to explaining why some sequences look spectacular and others are nice light shows.

To all of those that donated items big and small ... but a special thanks to DPitts and DarylC who dontate the F16V3 that MM won and James at Boscoyo that generously donated a number of coro props ... thank you. Also the sequences from Lilia and Ron were also immensely appreciated.

Given the challenges we had finding a venue and the fact that the weekends venue wont be available to us next year its time to start looking for our next venue. It would be nice to lock it in early.

B_P_J

Full time elf
Sounds like you all had a great time, sorry I missed it this year, next year I will make sure i am there. Thanks to everyone for all their efforts even though I wasn't there... hope to see you guys next year,

marmalade

cats & pixels
so sorry i missed this and my humblest apologies :( I had to uber cram for midyear exams and assignments, and totally forgot the date.
Looks like a good turnout, hope to see some new displays out there this year, it's probably a good time to get cracking!

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Videos from Day 1 are now available on the AusChristmasLighting YouTube channel (and also linked to in the Mini media section).

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
A few more mini videos have been uploaded now :). I've cut out some areas that were inaudible due to prolonged audio drop outs (possibly due to wifi struggling with all the connections ;)).