Sydney/NSW SYDNEY EXPO 2021 22-23RD OF MAY

Event details

Event date
Saturday, May 22, 2021 Sunday, May 23, 2021
Registration deadline
Monday, May 17, 2021
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
Benslights Benslights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Novalak Novalak 1
I i13 1
darylc darylc 1
AJ240 AJ240 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Pavle Pavle 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B BazzaV 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Elecgreg Elecgreg 1 Spoiler content hidden.
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 1
M midnight 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Troy ELD Troy ELD 1
Crezzie Crezzie 2 Spoiler content hidden.
Gee Family Light Show Gee Family Light Show 2 Spoiler content hidden.
Trevor Wimmer Trevor Wimmer 2 Spoiler content hidden.
L lithgowlights 2 Spoiler content hidden.
OzAz OzAz 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Red Red 2 Spoiler content hidden.
cdjazman cdjazman 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Derf Derf 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B billatqh 2 Spoiler content hidden.
franky_888 franky_888 2 Spoiler content hidden.
Ben F Ben F 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Mjredo Mjredo 1 Spoiler content hidden.
M mccar 2 Spoiler content hidden.
B_P_J B_P_J 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Lucas2655 Lucas2655 1
Battle83 Battle83 1 Spoiler content hidden.
David Hayes David Hayes 1
Bernie_H Bernie_H 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Zuseleets Zuseleets 1 Spoiler content hidden.
AAH AAH 1
Phillhutcho Phillhutcho 1 Spoiler content hidden.
RAMJET RAMJET 1 Spoiler content hidden.
MR_kymm4 MR_kymm4 2 Spoiler content hidden.
Daniel1973 Daniel1973 1
Lali & Lexi Lali & Lexi 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Slam Slam 1
darrenr darrenr 1
B Bwaterhouse 1
C charltonmick 1
abundy abundy 1 Spoiler content hidden.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Ok, everyone, we have booked the same venue as 2019. thanks once again to @tonylights (this it a tentative locked in the booking. It will need to confirm closer to the date, depending on what's happening with social gathering requirements. ) saying that we may have it in the auditorium to meet social distancing rules if allowed.

Dates will be May 22-23rd
Sydney Expo will be held at Bella Vista
Woolworths building on the corner of Norwest Bvld and Lexington
cost: (TBA)

Times
Saturday, May 22nd

9am - 5pm
Sunday, May 23rd
9am - 4pm

People looking for accommodation:
Rydges Norwest Sydney
1 Columbia Court, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153
(this is where most stayed in 2019)

Details on location

> refer attached map
* From Lexington avenue turn into Woolworths way
* Proceed to. the Roundabout ( ~ 200 meters ) and turn at the second entry ( Visitors underground Carpark )
* Park anywhere within the Visitor Carpark, then proceeds to the revolving door at the end of the Carpark.
* Once through the Revolving door proceed up the stairs to the reception area at the top of the stairs to the right.
* Once in the reception area, someone will scan you through the entry and direct you to the ACL mini location
Any issues ring Tony
Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.
or Ben
Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.

We will be setting up a site for registration and payment in the coming weeks once we confirm these details
when registering please provide your Christian name also for name tags

enterancemap-png.17041

For those that have booked in with me to setup, we will have access at 4:30 on Friday. please meet at the front entrance and Tony will direct us to the lift that will get us closest to the auditorium area that we will be in this year.

for those coming o the weekend please make your way to the front entrance and you will be direct from there. look forward to seeing you all this weekend.

Last edited:

BazzaV

New elf
Being new to the hobby I'm not really sure what I want to see. I'm more of a sponge at this stage so anything would be great. It's been a while since I did anything with electronics/electrical but it is all coming back to me. Basic things like initial setup of props/designs, wiring and fixing of strings to xlights use and sequencing of displays. Anything would be great from my point of view.

JohnsRdChristmas

Full time elf
Topics that i would like to see,

P10/5 panels, all areas, costing, vendors, cards, mouting brackets, enclosure build tips etc,

Projectors and or projection mapping

Moving heads

Round table - legalitys - dealings with legal things and peoples expirences, eg issues with music and broadcasting, (if anyone has had issues), dealing with councils, police, neighbors etc, (i havent had any issues, but would be nice to hear others horror storys and how to be proactive and stay below the radar etc)

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
3d modeling
Yes, please - this would be great.

I know there has been beginner and advanced xLights sessions run in the past and for new people (like me) this would be great, however I also appreciate that it might be very repetitive for the people who have been through it multiple times, so perhaps a Q&A session where you bring some of your challenges and get some brainstorming on the best way to approach what is being attempted. This could even be submitted in advance of the event (possibly).

There was an xEssentials video from Boscoyo on coro prop building - I would be interested to see some more about the process. Bluey and Bingo might be good examples?

Ben F

Lights On Eaglemont
Being new to the hobby I'm not really sure what I want to see. I'm more of a sponge at this stage so anything would be great. It's been a while since I did anything with electronics/electrical but it is all coming back to me. Basic things like initial setup of props/designs, wiring and fixing of strings to xlights use and sequencing of displays. Anything would be great from my point of view.
Just come along and ask lots of questions. Great opportunity to learn from very experienced people

Benslights

Dedicated elf
we will look at having a zoom meeting on Friday the 9th of April to organise the Expo. more details to follow

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Last edited:

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
Can you please share the link to the zoom room that is being used?