Event details

Event date
Saturday, May 16, 2020 Sunday, May 17, 2020
Registration deadline
Wednesday, Apr 8, 2020
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
darylc darylc 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Benslights Benslights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Derf Derf 1 Spoiler content hidden.
L lithgowlights 2 Spoiler content hidden.
franky_888 franky_888 2 Spoiler content hidden.
B_P_J B_P_J 1 Spoiler content hidden.
T Tony.G 1
OzAz OzAz 1
ross eling ross eling 1 Spoiler content hidden.
AJ240 AJ240 1 Spoiler content hidden.
keithsw1111 keithsw1111 1 Spoiler content hidden.
The Bald Boy The Bald Boy 1 Spoiler content hidden.
T tonylights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
darrenr darrenr 1
Daniel1973 Daniel1973 1 Spoiler content hidden.
joanna.md83 joanna.md83 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B Birchie 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Red Red 2
B B4IGO 1 Spoiler content hidden.
JohnsRdChristmas JohnsRdChristmas 2 Spoiler content hidden.
roo roo 1 Spoiler content hidden.
bigdeer bigdeer 2 Spoiler content hidden.
Troy ELD Troy ELD 1
Burkle2311 Burkle2311 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Ben F Ben F 1
M mccar 2 Spoiler content hidden.
Lali & Lexi Lali & Lexi 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Mjredo Mjredo 1 Spoiler content hidden.
David Hayes David Hayes 1 Spoiler content hidden.
RAMJET RAMJET 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Trevor Wimmer Trevor Wimmer 2 Spoiler content hidden.
M midnight 1 Spoiler content hidden.
I i13 1
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 1
kevr kevr 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Gee Family Light Show Gee Family Light Show 2 Spoiler content hidden.
lytnin lytnin 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Binny Binny 1
P Peter richey 2 Spoiler content hidden.
C charltonmick 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Beatsmushin Beatsmushin 1 Spoiler content hidden.
John B John B 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B beasso81au 2
Noel Richards Noel Richards 2 Spoiler content hidden.
B burto51 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Bernie_H Bernie_H 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B bpratt 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B billatqh 2 Spoiler content hidden.
burnt burnt 1
cscool36 cscool36 1 Spoiler content hidden.

Are you interested in an event t-shirt?

• Total voters

Ben F

Lights On Eaglemont
Also this year we would like to have some display items running around the outside of the room like the good old days. So please let me know what you would like to bring so we can get a rough idea of what we will have this year. you will need to provide your own power supply and controller.
Love seeing the different bits and pieces in action... inspires me to add more to my display!

Benslights

Dedicated elf
ok, People, we need some more presenters for the expo this year

1st year Review - the only catch is last year needs to be your first year

xlights 101 - this is for the basic so do not fear you do not have to go in-depth

Fpp - I know a lot use it so I am sure someone will put there hand up

for the round tables

Soldering - Fing if your coming it would be great if you could do this again

Matrix building- would be great for someone new to do this instead of always the same presenters

if you have any questions before committing to presenting just message me I am also happy to help you out with your presentations.

Remember we are a community and we are all here to help each other out

GPScreepers

New elf
I could do the 'first year review'. Introduction: I used Xlights and RPi with rPi-28D cape, 220 pixels in 3 Christmas shapes (coro) all on a 5V, and on 12V I had 100 pixel candles (C9) and 5 floodlights on the house. I can cover cable selection, volt drop and injection. Here is my Xmas lights setup with calcs. I put a video of my display under my name, see what you think. I notice it's the first session so a bit intimidating...

Benslights

Dedicated elf
GPscreeper it is more about your experience as first-year encounters into the hobby. you can touch base on the points you have highlighted above. We are more interested in the hurdles you had as a first-year and how you got around them and what you would change in your second year. We would love you to do this talk.

GPScreepers

New elf
GPscreeper it is more about your experience as first-year encounters into the hobby. you can touch base on the points you have highlighted above. We are more interested in the hurdles you had as a first-year and how you got around them and what you would change in your second year. We would love you to do this talk.
Great lock me in!

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Thanks @GPScreepers another topic filled only a few more to go.

for the other topics if you want to pair up with someone that is fine the more people involved the better i say.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
So anyone else wanting to help out with presentations as we have a few empty spots and we need everyone's support to make this a success. Please do not leave it to the same people to do all the presenting. you do not have to be an expert to present.

It would also be great to see some more feedback on this thread.

Do not forget to pre-pay on https://acl-mini.com/ and order your t-shirt. We will need to order these shirts soon so do not miss out

Benslights

Dedicated elf
For those who have paid and are looking to do an order for pixels and other items, we have a special price list From Scott LED. if you are interested and attending the Sydney expo please message me and I will email you more details

Benslights

Dedicated elf
ok for those of you interested in the bulk buy from Scott led I will be starting up an excel spreadsheet for you all to put your info on.
I have to give this to Scott LED by the 20th of April.

he will then get in contact with you for payment and he will ship each individual order to that person. i will post link to excel form shortly

franky_888

Full time elf
Alright I'm going to say it.

With today's advice from the PM regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and indoor events now limited to 100, and the recommendation against non-essential travel, should we start to consider whether it's appropriate for this mini to even go ahead at all in a face-to-face fashion?

Two months is still a while away, but the situation is expected to get worse before it gets better, especially in the lead up to the flu season here in Australia.

I'm not trying to fuel the panic that's happening with regards to this outbreak, however it is something we do need to take seriously, and consider not only ourselves but those around us (colleagues / family members) that may end up being impacted by this.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
I Will keep it short and simple. YES this will be going ahead. we will change the max members to 99. we may need to adjust a few things but it will be going ahead if People do not feel comfortable in the face to face aspect of the expo we understand they will not attend. if people are sick we ask that they do not attend but besides that, the expo will go-ahead.