Sydney/NSW Sydney Mini 2021 - Out of town attendees

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Just something to note hire car places are booking out very quickly, as they had to sell off parts of their fleets last year when no-one was able to travel, and now are scrambling to build up fleets again.
So if anyone needs a hire car, book earlier rather than later.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I land in SYD 1:40p on Friday. I will get the train/metro from there. Then departing Monday.

Hire cars still appeared when I booked my plane ticket earlier tonight - but were $180+/day for a tiny Yarris :eek:
But Sydney traffic sucks anyway; the train ride was excellent last time.

Zuseleets

Full time elf
I'm planning on taking the train from the airport to get to my accom as we are all arriving at different times and days ( which is what I expected anyways),. For anyone else who is considering taking the train to and from the airport, here is a link --> Train Trip Planner to help you plan your trip ( copied from the main Sydney Expo thread).
I am happy to exchange phone numbers through a pm with anyone who is keen to keep in contact re: transport over the weekend, or feel free to add me on Facebook if you know my profile name. Should we all meet in the foyer of Rydges each morning, say 8:30am? By counting replies on this thread, there is 6 of us looking to share an cab/uber to and from the venue. @AAH and @BradsXmasLights are you also wanting to share a cab/uber?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'm planning on taking the train from the airport to get to my accom as we are all arriving at different times and days ( which is what I expected anyways),. For anyone else who is considering taking the train to and from the airport, here is a link --> Train Trip Planner to help you plan your trip ( copied from the main Sydney Expo thread).
I am happy to exchange phone numbers through a pm with anyone who is keen to keep in contact re: transport over the weekend, or feel free to add me on Facebook if you know my profile name. Should we all meet in the foyer of Rydges each morning, say 8:30am? By counting replies on this thread, there is 6 of us looking to share an cab/uber to and from the venue. @AAH and @BradsXmasLights are you also wanting to share a cab/uber?
I'm being picked up by @Bernie Hunt and staying with him over the weekend. Flying direct from Bendigo
Bendigo to Sydney – QF 1410 May 21, 12:00 PM–2:00 PM . Bernie did mention the possibility of picking up others who are flying in around the same time and could drop them at the Rydges on his way home.

Zuseleets

Full time elf
Bernie did mention the possibility of picking up others who are flying in around the same time and could drop them at the Rydges on his way home.
That’s kind of him to do that. Unfortunately, my flight arrives hours later. There may be others who’s flight arrives closer, and can catch a ride.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
Happy to share for sure @Zuseleets - although last time there was a couple of people staying at Rydges who had cars; so we could score lifts to the venue/dinner/etc that way.

Breakfast/dinner/etc we'll most probably group together. And the Rydges bar will also be kept busy if past experience is anything to go by too

Zuseleets

Full time elf
Happy to share for sure @Zuseleets - although last time there was a couple of people staying at Rydges who had cars; so we could score lifts to the venue/dinner/etc that way.

Breakfast/dinner/etc we'll most probably group together. And the Rydges bar will also be kept busy if past experience is anything to go by too
Sweet. Just as long as someone takes me under their wing, I'm going solo to the mini.

MR_kymm4

Apprentice elf
things are not looking the best for us atm with the dragon still sporting her wheelchair, at this stage we are still in ( she may just have to sit in the hotel room :p ) Another DR checkup on tuesday so will know more then,Thanks

i13

Dedicated elf
I mentioned this in the mini interest thread but I am planning to drive from Canberra to Sydney on Friday evening and back again on Sunday evening. I can offer a lift each way if needed. Work might ask me to stay in Sydney for an extra day or two.

I'm not staying at Rydges but I will be nearby.

Bernie_H

ConceptLights
For any out of towners I will be picking up Alan Hanson from the airport on Friday arvo and returning him of Monday morning.
Happy to pickup others and transport them members to Rydgers on my wat through.
Flight arrives QF1410 at 2pm.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
If anyone arrives after about 3pm and wants a lift from the station, feel free to give me a call on 0423 384595 and I'll organise to pick you up and give you a lift to Rydges. This might be handy for those with loads of luggage or larger prop items, and we can also take a few people each day to the event as we are taking 2 cars, so will have 6 comfy or 8 squeezy places between us