Sydney/NSW Sydney Mini Expo 2013/Vivid festival - 1st/2nd June - Confirm your Interest

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
YL, yes it is a sit down meal. Individual orders taken off the menu, seating for 35. Not as cost effective but more flexible to everyone's needs. Drinks purchased at the bar.
It is a more formal arrangement, over a number of tables. Everyone has to ensure there is lots of mingling. No sitting at the table for 2 hours and only chatting to the person in front and next to you.
The only final detail I need are numbers for the mini. I need to know how many to cater for?
Really looking forward seeing some of you again and meeting the rest of you for the first time.
Cheers Shire

bovonic

New elf
As the visit to Vivid nears, I thought everyone might be interested in this bit of information about the technology behind the lighting of the Opera House at Vivid.
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/05/lighting-the-sails-behind-the-scenes-on-vivid-sydneys-most-ambitious-project/

logandc99

Dedicated elf
udderlyawesome said:
As the visit to Vivid nears, I thought everyone might be interested in this bit of information about the technology behind the lighting of the Opera House at Vivid.
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/05/lighting-the-sails-behind-the-scenes-on-vivid-sydneys-most-ambitious-project/

Interesting read. Sounds like a huge amount of work..... and $$$.
I think I'll stick to just doing a mega tree this year :)

Benslights

Dedicated elf
shire I count

28 people for Saturday night dinner with your wife and the kids

17 for seafood on the Sunday
4 non seafood for the Sunday

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
Guys, for the Vivid festival, for those who would like to drive to the city, the Sydney Fish Market car park is open and usually quiet empty. It is guarded 24/7 by security and is only $10 from 4pm to 4am the following morning. It is about a 15 minute walk to darling harbour. Yagoona and I were planning on being at Oscars by about 5.30pm for a drink, then our group dinner booking is for 6pm.
Reminder, that I will be at the Fish Market from 4pm on Saturday, for those who would like to get a kick start setting up their display for the mini.
Only 2 sleeps to go!
Cheers
Shire

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Thanks Shire. Due to the timing, I'll have to set up Sunday, but I'm not bringing much anyway, so wont take me long to set up then :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Christmas in the Shire said:
Guys, for the Vivid festival, for those who would like to drive to the city, the Sydney Fish Market car park is open and usually quiet empty. It is guarded 24/7 by security and is only $10 from 4pm to 4am the following morning. It is about a 15 minute walk to darling harbour. Yagoona and I were planning on being at Oscars by about 5.30pm for a drink, then our group dinner booking is for 6pm.
Reminder, that I will be at the Fish Market from 4pm on Saturday, for those who would like to get a kick start setting up their display for the mini.
Only 2 sleeps to go!
Cheers
Shire

I think i might take advantage of your early setup at 4pm Saturday as I have a few things to setup, so would be nice not to rush in the morning, so I guess ill be seeing you on Saturday around 4pm.

Looking forward to it 8)

neilteo

New elf
Hi all!
Cade and I will be there from Chipping Norton Xmas Lights on Sunday. Should be a good day.

See you all there!

Neil Teodorovic

Hi My hubbie got an invite back on the 1/3 and I forgot to reply for him. He is busy at work and said you know its on this weekend. So oops I am not sure if I needed to reply as he will be attending the mini on the Sunday not any of the food things. Thanks

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
michellew1111@hotmail.com said:
Hi My hubbie got an invite back on the 1/3 and I forgot to reply for him. He is busy at work and said you know its on this weekend. So oops I am not sure if I needed to reply as he will be attending the mini on the Sunday not any of the food things. Thanks

We look forward to seeing him there.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Ok guys for those of you who are having trouble getting a pass for this weekend. please print this out

[attachimg=1]

Attachments

• boysnightout.pdf
    8.4 KB · Views: 42