Wanted - new project ideas!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
David_AVD said:
One idea I had was for a low channel count, but higher current SSR.

I imagine that some displays use a bunch of DC channels and need just a few high current ones for a big run of non-digital strip, etc.

The new SSR would actually get it's input from your normal DC controllers. This way you can add a few high current channels to any regular DC controller.

Now that is very useful idea that will extend the capabilities of DC controllers. It may have been done before, but then that shouldnt stop you from doing it for your DC controller

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Although computer controlled lights are great I would like to find a DMX recorder for a small sequence to be started at the push of a button for stand alone interactive part of the display because kids love buttons.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I guess that means I should write the firmware for this:

APC672-2.jpg

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
one thing i would like to see is a controller for controlling my garden lights year around with a recorded program, then when christmas comes along all i need to do is hook it up to either DMX or E1.31 and then it can be controlled through my sequencing software and be part of the show with minimal effort.

mrpackethead

Full time elf
Fasteddy said:
one thing i would like to see is a controller for controlling my garden lights year around with a recorded program, then when christmas comes along all i need to do is hook it up to either DMX or E1.31 and then it can be controlled through my sequencing software and be part of the show with minimal effort.

the e2, which is about to have life breethed into it tonight has a microSD card in it.. Options for E1.31 in/out dmx in/out and up to 60W of DC/DC power supply.. I'll be doing a dmx/e1.31 capture/record system for it. Hopeing to have it at least in working prototype ( software not fully featured ) at the melbourne mini.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Steve said:
An RGB garden light. Thats GOLD

I want to use some of my RGB lighting thats not being used in my garden and then use those RGB lights as well as part of my show.
Some of the LOR controllers allow stand alone use so they can be used in this way.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Yes i have an LOR A/C controller that will do that but its a bit big for my needs

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
While David is on fire producing new projects I'd like a machine that will turn lead into gold. Steel into gold would be better if he has the time. Then with all the gold I produce I'll buy some more blinky blinkies

mrpackethead

Full time elf
mph said:
Fasteddy said:

the e2, which is about to have life breethed into it tonight has a microSD card in it.. Options for E1.31 in/out dmx in/out and up to 60W of DC/DC power supply.. I'll be doing a dmx/e1.31 capture/record system for it. Hopeing to have it at least in working prototype ( software not fully featured ) at the melbourne mini.

250350_10150203611322661_645277660_6885157_4915221_n.jpg