WORKING A 240v AC CONTROLLER WITH A AAHMEGA60 DC CONTROLLER

coopz05

Apprentice elf
Hey guys,

Having some issues getting a data signal to my new AAMega60 DC Controller.

A massive thanks goes to AAH for all his amazing help building my enclosure and putting up with my endless questions.

Basically I want to have a 16ch LOR 240v as my first 16 channels, then I want to daisy chain that onto 3x AAHMega60 DC Controllers.

But at the moment I cannot get the data to the DC controller. (at this stage Im trying to get one to work, before I add the next 2)

The data is going to the 240v fine. That is playing every channel with no issues. I have then run a cat5 cable from the LOR to the DC controller.

I have set the jumpers on the MEGA60 to LOR.

I have set my sequence channel settings as follows:
Device: DMX
Universe: 2 (I have tried on Universe 1 too, should it be 1 because its under 512?)
Circuit: 1, 2, 3, etc etc

Can someone see anything I'm doing wrong?

cozbert

Full time elf
the mega60 boards have onboard crossover alec ;)

have you got your lor board in dmx mode aswell?

do you have dmx and lor set to the same com port? as you can only have either selected to the lor dongle

mellowcouple had the same issue and we found that the lor dongle was set up for both lor and dmx at the same time.

coopz05

Apprentice elf
Cozbert, how do I set the LOR to DMX mode? I'll google that. That sounds promising.

I dont know what port DMx is on, because when I run the hardware utility it only finds the LOR, which is on Comm 8.

coopz05

Apprentice elf
when I go into the LOR network preferences and click on the DMX tab, no adapter shows up.

when I click on the LOR tab, the comm 8 port shows up...

Not sure if that helps.

cozbert

Full time elf
i was just making sure that you had a version that was able to do DMX before i started you up the garden path :)

in the network preferences you need to set a different port for your LOR network and then go to the DMX tab and set up your LOR dongle as a DMX output.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
It's a few minutes off food o'clock here so this could be a multi part reply.
You need to set your LOR network to none on that LOR tab. Once that is done you need to set the dongle up as an open-dmx dongle. On the DMX tab you need to click on the universe 1 adaptor and it should detect the dongle as some sort of weird number/letter combo like A70050. You then set the protocol as Raw DMX. You may or may not then have to close the control panel and re-open it for the comm listener to start up and start pumping out dmx packets.
Once the dongle is pumping out data which should be evident by the status messages that appear on the comm listener DOS looking window that appears you can connect the boards.
All your channels on all your sequences will then have to use universe 1 channels 1 to a maximum of 512. A 16 channel LOR board appears as 16 dmx channels. Controller 1 would be channels 1 to 16. Controller 2 would be dmx channels 17 to 32.
In the case of your setup the LOR AC board is controller 1 so it uses channels 1 to 16. The 1st mega60 would need to have the start address set to 17.

coopz05

Apprentice elf
Thanks Alan. Everything did exactly what you said.

I've set the LOr to none. The wierd number came up, and I set the DMX to raw.

But still no blinky lights yet...

Is the data light on your board meant to light up when receiving data? cos that doesnt light up either.

BUT, the fact that the DMX wierd number showed up should mean at least we no a signal of some sort is getting to the box, right?

cozbert

Full time elf
if you remove you LOR controller temporarily and plug the Mega60 straight into the lor dongle does the data light flash then?

adski

Dave Brown
Double check the jumpers on the rj45 connectors. On early versions of the Mega60, the silk screen overlay showed the jumpers in the wrong position. For LOR wiring, the jumpers should be in the position furthest from the sockets.

Dave