Xlights to LOR Pixcon16

NFI

New elf
In the last few years I have been running LOR Pixcon 16 boards to run my pixels and all has been good. I have now had a look at the XLights software and looks like I might jump ship, my question to all is
1: Does Xlights output a DMX signal or a E1:31 signal
2: In my show I will be running a FPP to run a matrix
3: Can I run with a LAN cable into a switch then out to the FPP (output 1) then out on (output 2 )to my LOR Pixcon 16 boards
4: Do I have to install a cross over cable from the switch to the first LOR Pixcon board
5: Do I loop in and out of the DMX ports on the LOR Boards to join all LOR Boards
6: Can I use a standard LAN cable ( not cross over) from the output of the first LOR Board to the second LOR Board and so on

Thanks

darylc

404 darylc not found
In the last few years I have been running LOR Pixcon 16 boards to run my pixels and all has been good. I have now had a look at the XLights software and looks like I might jump ship, my question to all is
1: Does Xlights output a DMX signal or a E1:31 signal
2: In my show I will be running a FPP to run a matrix
3: Can I run with a LAN cable into a switch then out to the FPP (output 1) then out on (output 2 )to my LOR Pixcon 16 boards
4: Do I have to install a cross over cable from the switch to the first LOR Pixcon board
5: Do I loop in and out of the DMX ports on the LOR Boards to join all LOR Boards
6: Can I use a standard LAN cable ( not cross over) from the output of the first LOR Board to the second LOR Board and so on

Thanks

1. E1.31
2. OK
3. Yes
4. Maybe, it depends on your switch
5. Yes
6. Pretty sure you can

NFI

New elf
1. E1.31
2. OK
3. Yes
4. Maybe, it depends on your switch
5. Yes
6. Pretty sure you can

Thanks
Do I need to install a E1.31 to DMX bridge device or does the LOR Pixcon 16 do that for me (I think you have to change over some jumpers on the LOR board) ?

darylc

404 darylc not found
yeah the LOR Pixcon 16 should act as an an E1.31 to DMX bridge I would think