It's ON. This years Sydney mini Christmas lighting expo and conference will be held in a secret Newcastle CBD location.
Mini Christmas Expos 2017
- May 6-7 2017
- June 3-4 2017
- June 24-25 2017
- June 17-18 2017
- Perth Mini 2017
- No plans for a mini...yet
The location is a conference room in an office complex with loading bay access. There are at least 5 coffee shops and 5 pubs within 5 minutes walk, plus numerous cafe's and restaurants for lunch. There's also the famous Harrys Café De Wheels within a short walk. The conference room has a projector and sound system and (if I can get the network guy to fix it) free wifi. There's also a small kitchenette.
If you are planning to attend please go to this thread https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/sydney-2017-micro-mini-june-3-4-newcastle.9687/ and on the first post click the Register for this event button
Organiser for the event is TByrne
Organiser for the venue is OzAz
Please edit below line what you can bring, what you would like to hear, what you can say
- OzAz - Will bring 1 or 2 door prizes. Bring LED Smoke machine for demo and "how to program" session.
- TByrne- Will Bring my P10 setup. Boscoyo products will be for sale on the days. Mini tree setup and more.
- Mm - Will add 2 lucky door prizes.
- LithgowLights - Will be bringing at least 5 prizes, maybe more, and will have a battery powered 4 Panel P10 Matrix on display as well.
- Boscoyo - James has generously donated 4-9 items (depending on how much I split them up)
- Falcon (dpitts) & Darylc have generously donated a F16V3 which wont be available on the day but will be sent to the winner when they arrive in Australia.
- Ron Howard from xTreme Sequences has kindly donated a sequence of the winners choice, and a 25% discount code for all items, including presets, to be given to attendees on the weekend.
- Sean and Lilia have kindly donated two sequences from Lilia's sequences store - http://www.nutcracker123.com/store/index.php - one at any price and a second at $45 or less.
- Benschristmaslights - p2 donated as a give away.
- Away from giveaways will bring some biscuits and other food for the breaks.
Essential DetailsWhen: Sat 3 and Sun 4 June 2017
Costs: Free. A small amount of coffee, tea, juice and biscuits will be available. Lunch or additional refreshments are available at the individuals own expense from one of the many cafes nearby.
Forum discussion and registration: https://auschristmaslighting.com/threads/sydney-2017-micro-mini-june-3-4-newcastle.9687/ and on the first post click the Register for this event button.
Where: Newcastle CBD, attendees will be sent a PM with details. We're semi-officially using a business premises so we'd rather keep it as private as possible. If you lose the PM please contact @OzAz. It's on King St, close to the Crown & Anchor hotel (marked on map) at the west end of the Hunter St Mall:
Parking: All the streets nearby have 2 hour metered parking between 9am and 12noon on Saturday, and yes the parking inspectors are ferocious in the area. There is a Wilsons undercover car park very close to the premises which has a weekend rate of: $4 per entry per day. Car park maximum clearance is 2.13m (according to the signage), see link for details:
Streaming: There may be streaming, and parts may be recorded for YouTube. Further details will be posted once confirmed.
Internet Access: There should be WiFi access available for all attendees so you can access the internet during the mini.
Saturday 3 June
- 8:30 am: Conference room will be open to allow attendees to set up any displays.
- 9:30 am: Start
- Welcome and Intro's
- 9:35 XLights for beginners (Keith)
- 10:00 Vixen for beginners (Brad)
- 10:15 Projection (Tonyst)
- 10:30 Morning Tea
- 10:45 P10 Panels (TBC)
- 11:00 Falcon Controllers and Distribution boards (Keith)
- 11:15 Power and data injection (Lithgow)
- 11:30 Networking (Keith)
- 11:45 Boscoyo products (Troy)
- 12:00 DMX Control in xLights (Gil Jones via Zoom)
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:30 3d Printing (Lithgow)
- 1:45 ESP based controllers (Marmalade)
- 2:00 Afternoon tea
- 2:30 Soldering and repairs (TBC)
- 2:45 Raspberry Pi / BBB (TBC)
- 3:00 Essential Tools of the trade (Keith)
- 3:15 Wiring (TBC)
- 3:30 Free Time
- 4:00 pm: Finish
Sunday 4 June
- 9:00 am: Conference room will be open
- 9:30 am: Prop Building (TBC)
- 9:45 Sequencing (Fing)
- 10:15 Waterproofing (Lithgow)
- 10:45 Morning Tea
- 11:00 Xlights Advanced and XSchedule (Keith)
- 12~1 pm: Lunch
- 4:00 pm: Finish
I am wandering I have purchased a new Rasberry Pi if someone would like to show how to set one up from scratch happy to bring it along.