Canberra/ACT 2012 Canberra Meet and Greet - 17th March

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
2012 Canberra Meet and Greet - 17th March

NEW TO THE HOBBY THEN PLEASE COME ALONG

This is an invitation to Canberra ACT members of the forum and all interested members from other areas to attend a Meet and Greet event to be held at my house.
Hey if you want to fly into town then feel free to come along be great to have you.

So what is a meet and greet?
I see it as a day where we can meet the people in the local area and also others that may come in from other areas and we can all share some time together, swap information, ask and answer questions etc.

I will be hosting a BBQ on the day for everyone so if you plan to come then please post a reply here. The BBQ will be a Lunchtime one and I will again fire the BBQ up during the evening for people staying around or would like to come later.

I'm not prepared to call this a Mini as I plan to keep it more informal.

Here's a rough outline for the day.

10:00 am - Gates open to the backyard.
10:30 am - A walk through of my own setup with some items already setup.
11:30 am - A look at Vixen 2.5, Vixen3, and LSP Pro v2 to control your show.

LOR is now on the Agenda with Superman and Aussiexmas joining forces to show us some LOR

This is a bit open ended and will certainly be resumed after a Hot BBQ Lunch

The Afternoon.
Completion of software look and see.

There is no End Time and people may stay and enjoy the evening.
Now if all this runs into the evening then the BBQ can be fired back up and we can enjoy some drinks and food.

I'd like to leave this open for a show and tell by anyone wanting to bring things along and question and answers for any new people getting into animation or starting this year

I know we will have at least one person attending who is new.

Now if all this runs into the evening then the BBQ can be fired back up and we can enjoy some drinks and food.

I know that if you have come from out of town you may want to head off early but if you want to stay in town somewhere then the patio will stay open till late.

I will invite a couple of people around me that I do not believe are members here but I may be surprised.

Interested People

Me - Aussiephil.
LithgowLights - David
G.Hain - Glenn
Yagonna Lights - Ben
indudio - james
Ruffy
Charltonmick
fasteddy - Eddy
ѕυρєямαη - Steve
aussiexmas - Geoff
Corey
Grahami2006
Joekin
talktocoxie - Mark

This list is not complete as of Feb 24.

------------
Cheers
Phil

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Yep, had a chat to the Mrs and we might be coming down with the van for a few days. I finish Friday morning so a few hrs sleep, drag the van down and setup friday afternoon. The wife and family will head down after school/work. Head to the greet on Saturday, and then home Sunday - works for me provided I can find a decent Caravan Park in the area - suggestions welcome

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator

G.Hain

New elf
Count me in

I will try and talk the wife into making some sushi or traditional Koren dishes
Hope whoever comes likes a touch of spice in their meals

roscorey

New elf
Hi Phil, I would love to come, sounds like a great day, what can I bring ???
Corey

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Corey,

Glad you can come along

I've been asked that a number of times so for all....

The only thing I would like people to bring is themselves, however if you have special dietary requirements over and above traditional BBQ fair or have a favourite food then bring that along.

Maybe soft drinks if you have a special favourite.

Otherwise general food and drink is on me for the day.

Cheers
Phil

Benslights

Dedicated elf
just found out this is the same weekend as the rose Hill boat show. so will have to see if i can geet out of working the boat show always my luck. or may just drive down after if i have to work i guess for a few hours if thats ok phil.